Delayed departure - can I still drop off luggage early?

Departing on Zaandam tomorrow from Port Everglades. The ships return to port  is delayed due to a medical emergency and we’ve received notification that all boarding times are pushed back two hours.

I have to return the rental car before the new boarding time, and have a fair bit of luggage I was hoping to take directly to the port.

can I still drop the luggage off early? Even if the ship isn’t in the port yet? 

thank you!

Oh dear, good question. Luggage is handled by the dock workers unions and they do like split shifts and "overtime" so they might be on the job early, regardless since they have to just stack it up on carts and store it anyway until the departing passengers are offloaded.  

But you do need to confirm this - is there a port agent number you can call? Or the HAL office in FLL?  Hope you find a good solution and get back to us. I suspect several other passengers will not have gotten this last minute message, and will be waiting around too. 

Several years ago we had dropped off the rental car and took the shuttle to the port and the ship had not arrived because the had to standby for an at sea emergency.  This was in FLL and they took our luggage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1