3 to 5 days pre or post cruise recommendation

mncbabu_yahoo

Getting my feet wet on planning the 25th anniversary cruise (I am 53 and my wife 51). Thinking of booking 7 day one way (north or southbound) inside passage cruise (interior room in HAL or Princess) in May 2024. We are planning fly into (or out of) ANC from San Diego. Though it is late, I am trying to consolidate the itinerary, cruise, and excursions and estimated cost. I am thinking of doing 3 to 5 days land tour pre or post cruise. I can rent a car with discounted rate (employee benefit). I can use cruise arranged combined land tour as well. The cruise land tour primarily focus on Denali; not much option for Seward or Kenai area. Our interests are mountains, wildlife viewing, glacier. Should we just focus of Seward/Whittier area or Denali area. Appreciate any suggestion or itinerary. 

TIA

I used to drive tour buses for the cruise arranged  tours. Based on that, I recommend people rent a car and put together their own great trip.

The more days you have for the land portion the better. Five is good, seven is even better.

• Thanks 1

You said, "inside cruise" but then said you are flying into ANC.  I assume you mean that you are taking a cruise from Anchorage (Whittier port) or Seward.  What cruise are you looking at?  It makes a difference.  

Edited by AKJonesy