75 days to lose 20 pounds anyone else?

cblue204

I am 75 days from cruise date and can't wait...The past 3 cruises i have dieted and been at the same weight for each one...Does anyone else do this? I have a few physical limitations due to injuries but plan to start walking and lifting weights today...NO fast food until the cruise!!!!! I swear to this board lol...

What do you do around cruise time to get ready?

Last year after some illness and injury 1 lost 47 pounds in 4 months to get ready and felt great but put 20 pounds back on....

I need your help to put the pressure on me and would love to stay in touch with someone until cruise time...

I did not like to exercise and I did not want to go to a gym where I felt self conscious. I bought 3 videos entitled Walk Away the Pounds. These three videos range from 1,2, and 3 miles. The good thing with these videos is the exercises you do while you are walking in place. I lost 25 pounds in 2 months by doing these and I still "cheated" a little on the food. Good Luck

Wow! A subject dear to my heart. I started a weightloss program on Feb 16th, 2005. Since then I have lost 60 pounds. I went from 240 to 180. My goal is 176 but I'm not sweating it. Anyway, in anticipation of our cruise about the CARNIVAL ship Elation, I am being extra good and exercising daily. Yes, daily. I do 30 minutes on my eliptical trainer and then another 30 minutes on core exercises.

I feel great- at 51 years old, I think I am in my best condition so far. I do not plan to deprive myself of anything while on the cruise (in 4 days from now). But I am keenly aware of the workout room onboard and the jogging track. I enjoy working out these days so I will make use of these things.

With 75 days to go you have slightly over 10 weeks. At 2 pounds of loss per week, you could lose about 20 more pounds if you are faithful. Avoid starches like the plague. Whole wheats are ok, but potatoes, white rice, white bread, not good. Fat is easier to deal with then starch. Stick to the super foods and you should be fine. Look those up on the internet. Search 'super foods'. and you should find them. good luck on getting through this. Dieting doesn't have to be painful if you discover what healthy foods you enjoy eating, and learn to love exercise. Dieting w/o exercise is just stupid. You will end up skinny and fat at the same time. That is a poor combination. What is mean is, you will lose mass but what will be left is fat rather than muscle. You need to build muscle to burn fat.

Ok, sorry for being so all-over-the-map on this. I wish we could speak via phone. I love to talk weightloss. :)

I am so glad that I'm not the only one....

I lose the same 25lb before my cruise and I always gain it back. Usually no more than that but I do gain back the entire amt I lose.

You'd think I would learn...but noooooo...

I started a 1200 cal diet and exercise program on Feb 3rd and had only lost 6 lb after 5 weeks. i was very discouraged..I thought I should have lost more. Anyway yesterday :D I went back on my old Adkins crackpipe and started the Adkins diet.. I usually works really well and fast. I have to lose another 10-12 lbs before 4-23-06..

Wish me luck!!:D

Carla, we live in San Antonio and have relatives in Converse. You have a great football team and that outspoken couch. I can't remember the names of either.... Converse Cougars??? Anyway, nice to find local folks on this board... :D

Its simple (but few want to put the effort into it):

Exercise in such a manner as to raise your breathing (still able to talk) and heart rate to 65% of its maxiumum rate (220 minus your age) for at least 22 minutes per day in the next 75 days and you'll probably lose more, depending on how overweight you are. This can be accompolished by jogging, stair-climing, or walking fast up an incline (saves the knees). :)

If you're really ambitious [read serious] you can add 15-30 minutes of weight-training along with this. Muscle cells are 3 times as dense (you'll look thinner even at the same weight) as fat cells and burn 3 times as many calories (yes, even while you're sleeping). :)

No matter how many "fad" diets come and go, usually making a fortune for their promoters, they all can't overcome the pure reality: Whatever calories go in must be burned or they will be stored as fat cells. So, eat sensibly (carbo load only before workouts for energy) and protein load after workouts to help those new found muscles recover. :)

Atkins, or my version of it has been working for me. I have been stubornly sticking to it. I have lost 25 pounds in a little over two months, and feeling better tht I have in a long time. Cruise in 5 days. Still don't have six pack abs, but working on it. lol

Shawn

Carla, we live in San Antonio and have relatives in Converse. You have a great football team and that outspoken couch. I can't remember the names of either.... Converse Cougars??? Anyway, nice to find local folks on this board... :D

Judson Rockets and the Coach is Rackley..Love themboth.

My son plays football and my daughter does competitive cheerleading for the Jr Rockets.

Can't wait until my cruise.. Glad to hear from "neighbors"

Carla

I am so glad that I'm not the only one....

I lose the same 25lb before my cruise and I always gain it back. Usually no more than that but I do gain back the entire amt I lose.

You'd think I would learn...but noooooo...

I started a 1200 cal diet and exercise program on Feb 3rd and had only lost 6 lb after 5 weeks. i was very discouraged..I thought I should have lost more. Anyway yesterday :D I went back on my old Adkins crackpipe and started the Adkins diet.. I usually works really well and fast. I have to lose another 10-12 lbs before 4-23-06..

Wish me luck!!:D

Actually, I only need to lose 10 lbs. I was on the Adkins diet and it blew my cholestrol out the roof! :eek: 356! I am on up in years, but have ALWAYS had low cholestrol before. Now I can't get it below 220. My doc wants me to take meds, but so far I have resisted. Don't like the side effects. I was always underweight until I stopped smoking. Ate any and all of anything I wanted, but no more. :( Just be careful, OK? ;)

Luv's Cruisin'

I am 75 days from cruise date and can't wait...The past 3 cruises i have dieted and been at the same weight for each one...Does anyone else do this? I have a few physical limitations due to injuries but plan to start walking and lifting weights today...NO fast food until the cruise!!!!! I swear to this board lol...

What do you do around cruise time to get ready?

Last year after some illness and injury 1 lost 47 pounds in 4 months to get ready and felt great but put 20 pounds back on....

I need your help to put the pressure on me and would love to stay in touch with someone until cruise time...

I started the Rice Diet in January. I need something very structured!!! This is. I have lost 47lbs. so far. It is wonderful. I am trying to figure out a different mix on the diet though for after I reach my goal. I certainly can't go back to eating the way I was (junk) or I will gain it back in 5 minutes. I also drink TONS of water and exercise on my Cardiocruiser for an hour a day. I feel great. A lot of the weight I gained was from when I stopped smoking. So now I am smoke free and almost thin again!! :D

Good Luck!

its great to feel you aren't alone... subway today and dusting off the ymca membership tonight...i love the sucess stories it makes you feel like you can do it too....

two of you lived near san antonio... that is the only vacation between these four cruises and i loved it out there what a cool place....

ask me how i am doing in a week

I am also cruising on 4/23--I will be on the Valor. I have always went on a diet before cruising, mainly to get into the sexy long dress for formal night. However, this time I didn't start when I was suppose to because of Burger King calling my name at lunch time.

Anyway, I started slim fast a week and half ago--actually, I buy equate from Wal-mart but it's the same concept. 1 shake at breakfast with a piece of fruit, 1 shake at lunch with another piece of fruit, protein snack in the afternoon and then a sensible dinner. I have lost 5 lbs already. and I also walk 4 times per week.

I would love to have flat abs but after two babies and 20 years of up and down weight, I am scard to lose the stomach cause it's just gonna hang.....I don't think 200 crunches a day would fix that problem.

Toni

Judson Rockets and the Coach is Rackley..Love themboth.

My son plays football and my daughter does competitive cheerleading for the Jr Rockets.

Can't wait until my cruise.. Glad to hear from "neighbors"

Carla

Sorry to be off topic -- but is this the Converse Judson high school team that makes the playoffs more years than not? Our kids will go to Katy High School (outside of Houston), so we are very familiar with all the other 5A high school football teams!! We have been keeping our eye on y'all for years! Keep up the good work and maybe we'll meet up on the field some day!

I started about a month ago, wanting to lose 15 lbs. I've lost 8 already; walk 3-4 miles each day on the treadmill at an incline. We are no cruising until July but are going to San Juan in about 5 weeks. I really don't eat a lot of junk but chips are my big downfall; I can't cut them out all together because then I'll just binge and eat the whole bag. So far, so good - seems to be working.

Hey there count me in as well. I don't cruise till October but my DD is graduating grade 8 at the end of June and I want to look a whole lot better then I do know for photos. I look at photos of my in my sons grad pictures 3 years ago and it makes me want to cry, I look liked terrible.....but not this time. I have lost 19 lbs since Jan 1st buy just moving a little more and eatting a bit better....time to kick it up a notch. Also I have committed or maybe it is should be committed to doing a 1/2 marathon in January so have started training for that.

Good luck to you all!!!!

Kim

Sorry to be off topic -- but is this the Converse Judson high school team that makes the playoffs more years than not? Our kids will go to Katy High School (outside of Houston), so we are very familiar with all the other 5A high school football teams!! We have been keeping our eye on y'all for years! Keep up the good work and maybe we'll meet up on the field some day!

Yes, We are the one and only Converse Judson ROCKETS!!!!! Can you tell that I have Rocket Pride?? ha.ha.

Hope our team do meet someday..

Carla

hi,

i want to lose at least 20 lbs before i cruise! i started on jan 1st and i cruise at the end of may. so far i've lost 15 lbs - i seems that i may be able to lose more than 20 if i stay on my best behaviour!:D anyways, after i get back from the cruise i would like to lose 10 - 20 more, so i'll be checking in before and after my cruise!

my method is portion sizes, healthier choices and exercise!

good luck to everyone!

oh, and if it hasn't been mentioned already - there is a weigh-in thread every thursday. basically, people just post whether or not they gained, lost or maintained over the last week. hope to see you there!

jocey

Hey guys I just found this board & I'm right there with you. My cruise is in July, but I'm hoping to lose 20lbs by then. I started in January & have lost 28 so far. My big motivating factor is my wedding & it'll be our hm cruise!

Just joined the gym last week too....

Archived