Norwegian Epic Behind the Scenes Tour

I have done the free one they offer to Sapphire Latitudes.  I love the behind the scenes tours.  Ours was the kitchen, the theater costuming and scene areas, the food/beverage receiving and storage areas. and the "I95" area where crew only traverses.

The pay tour is more comprehensive from my understanding.  I guess it depends how much the tour costs.  

1 hour ago, Grammymongi said:

Has anyone done the Behind the Scenes Tour on the Epic? Is it worth the price? It sounds interesting.

Not on the Epic, done the Gem, BA and Escape. The Gem was the best, 3 hours long and 30 minutes on the Bridge

51 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I have done the free one they offer to Sapphire Latitudes.  I love the behind the scenes tours.  Ours was the kitchen, the theater costuming and scene areas, the food/beverage receiving and storage areas. and the "I95" area where crew only traverses.

The pay tour is more comprehensive from my understanding.  I guess it depends how much the tour costs.  

It’s $125 po

I took the paid Behind the Scenes Tour last April. It is interesting, especially if you have never done it before. We also went to the Bridge, galley, laundry area, engine control room, stage and costume area. They had a crew member at each stop.  There is a group photo (in the past there had been individual photos). Also make sure you wear closed toe shoes (not open toe shoes).  

We were on Epic for a TA last April & they didn't offer the tour to either Latitudes or for paying customers.  I asked & they said they were still operating in COVID-mode so far as this was concerned.  Too bad as I'd have liked to see the differences between Epic & the Breakaway/Breakaway+ ships that I have taken the BTS tour on.

We went on the Gem BTS tour many years ago & also got about 30 minutes on the bridge!  Way cool!!!  I still have pix of it!!!

18 hours ago, Grammymongi said:

That sounds very in depth. Thanks

It was, the bridge tour was fine for about 10 minutes Lol. I thought the sanitation area was pretty interesting. The guy with the most stressful job...... (Provisions)!

Here is some from the Escape....  

Gem Bridge Tour   

Have done the free tours on Joy and Prima. Sailing Epic next month and if the date/time works for us we'll probably do it again. Always interesting to see the life behind the scenes. The paid tours usually include the bridge whereas the free ones tend to skip it.

If you've never done one before and you're a ways away from earning the free one and it interests you - then sure, why not sign up?