Spain Day Tours-Celebrity Infinity-Seville Review from Cadiz- Dec. 30, 2023

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic."

BlueSkiesTX was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I booked Spain Day Tours based on reviews from this board. This was an all day excursion from the port of Cadiz. Communication with the company beforehand was simple and prompt. On the day of the excursion, all of our fellow travel mates were ready to go at the designated spot before the tour guide arrived. It was just us and the bus driver for about 10 minutes. The issue was resolved quickly as the tour guide was at another spot. The tour guide spoke briefly on the journey to Seville from Cadiz. We had a bathroom break about an hour into our ride as they knew bathroom availability would be limited at Plaza de Espana and the Royal Alcazar. The bus was clean and very comfortable.

Before we got off the bus, the main tour guide told the group we would be breaking up into smaller groups (15-18ppl) and the name of our guides. Our guide, Theresa, was friendly enough 😐, but incredibly boring. The group received "whispers", ear devices to hear her. It did not fit well on our ears though. For English speakers, her accent was a little hard to understand. At the Plaza de Espana, I remember one or two details of her talk.  We ended up waiting for the bus due to a parking issue for 20 minutes in between sites.  She went into WAY TOO many details in each room at the Royal Alcazar. Both sites we visited were incredibly packed with visitors, so it was hard to even keep our group of 18 or so together. Also, it was a lot of walking and standing for both young and old. 

Of all the tours I have ever taken, this one was the most boring when their were endless possibilities to be warm, engaging and engrossing. The sites themselves were beautiful. I am going to do more research on them post-cruise as I definitely want to visit Seville again.

The bus returned promptly to port as the bus to Seville from Cadiz was a little over an hour each way. 

Looking back on it, I wish I would have sought out other options. Had the guide been engaging, it would have been another story. 3 out of 10 stars for us. It can be hit or miss. 

Happy travel planning!

On 1/4/2024 at 12:34 PM, BlueSkiesTX said:

Looking back on it, I wish I would have sought out other options. Had the guide been engaging, it would have been another story. 3 out of 10 stars for us. It can be hit or miss. 

The unfortunate situation is that unless you book a private tour with a specific private guide (with reviews) - it is impossible to predict how good the guide is.

I have had good luck with Spain Day Tours on the 3 tours I have taken. I have also had awful guides (both private and with the cruise line) on other tours. It is impossible to predict. The best advice I can give you is to give feedback to Spain Day Tours and maybe if they get enough feedback, they won't use that guide again.

I

1 hour ago, Coral said:

The unfortunate situation is that unless you book a private tour with a specific private guide (with reviews) - it is impossible to predict how good the guide is.

I have had good luck with Spain Day Tours on the 3 tours I have taken. I have also had awful guides (both private and with the cruise line) on other tours. It is impossible to predict. The best advice I can give you is to give feedback to Spain Day Tours and maybe if they get enough feedback, they won't use that guide again.

I am glad that you and so many others have had good luck with Spain Day Tours. We did not. I posted my review so that others were aware that Spain Day Tours does not always hit it out of the park like some tour companies do.

It also concerns me that this company asked another unsatisfied cruiser not to publish any bad reviews. 

36 minutes ago, BlueSkiesTX said:

I

I am glad that you and so many others have had good luck with Spain Day Tours. We did not. I posted my review so that others were aware that Spain Day Tours does not always hit it out of the park like some tour companies do.

It also concerns me that this company asked another unsatisfied cruiser not to publish any bad reviews. 

My point was - one can get a bad guide with any company (even with the cruise line). Also, one person's bad guide could be another person's good guide. I think it is important to provide feedback to the company so that if there is enough feedback, they won't use that guide anymore.

I have no doubt your tour was not up to your standards.