Tortola to Virgin Gorda Baths DIY or Thru NCL

Jennifire7

Hello -

I’ve never been to Tortola and my children really want to do the Baths while we are in port, I’m having a hard time finding the ferry schedule for March and was wondering if it’s best to just charter something or go through the cruise line.  I think we are the only boat in port that day.  3/20/24

any recommendations?

thanks!

The typical options include the cruise line excursions as you noted, going on your own via ferry and taxi, and a private charter for the utmost pleasure. Are you interested in comparing the first two more than the more expensive private charter option?

What are your Port times and date please?

It looks like you are the only ship in port with 3,900 guests, or possibly one other ship with 112 passengers. So a very good day for you to be there!

Being a Monday the ferries should be running regular routes. So going to the Baths on your own could be a great choice. If you read some other threads in the forum you can read about possibly hooking up with a driver on VG to help you avoid the bigger crowds at the Baths from your ship. Stopping at Savannah Bay or another spot…

If you want to check out private independents, try https://sunshinepowerboats.com/ and if the cost is a bit high look for fellow passengers on your Roll Call to share the costs. You could include a stop at the Indians or Norman Caves for snorkeling, lunch at Cooper Island, or a fun end of your day on the Willy T…

Yes the ferry terminal is a 10 - 15 minute walk from the dock.

The ferry is about 30 minutes each way and we would be fine with the 3:30 return for your 4:30 BOB. If that seems too aggressive, Sensations ferry offers a 1:45PM return.

With the 9AM Speedy’s ferry to VG and the Sensations 1:45PM return you’d have less time, and you’d be paying the $20 one way fare for each ferry rather than the $30 roundtrip…But it’s nice to have options!