MSC Yacht Club email/check-in

def0715

I didn’t get one but had read sometimes they send one about preferences and whatnot. Sailing on Seashore on Sunday. Are the emails hit or miss? 

Also, I received a text that says my check-in time is 11:30 a.m. and I must check in by noon. That’s not a thing, is it? Go to the tent when you arrive? We may be there after noon.

Thanks. Have only done YC once, on a short sailing. (No email then, and I checked in early.)

The emails are hit or miss both in arriving and in your reply ever reaching the ship, so I wouldn't worry as they will gather the same info from you at check-in on Sunday.

Re arrival time, just turn up when you want, as long as it is well before the ship is due to sail 🙂

Thanks. I’m cruising with my dad (traveled solo last time) and hoping the whole experience is, um, smooth sailing after I went on about how great the Meraviglia YC was. Seashore YC reviews lately have been less than glowing. We’ll have fun no matter what. 😊

Problems at Port Canaveral shouldn't be held against MSC nor against Seashore.

If you can figure out the elevators (with and without YC priority hijack), it will be a plus. Some people never understand the elevators and complain for the entire week. YC hijack does work although it isn't always the fastest way to go. 

The crew might have a bit of burnout after the holiday cruises so keep that in mind. I've had great cruises on Seashore and would gladly sail Seashore again. Don't let the negative reviews scare you. 

Thanks. Ship looks beautiful. A good time will be had. Can the ship dock in Ocean Cay when the winds are high? Does it depend on the wind direction? We’re supposed to have the overnight there, which was so cool last time with the beach party, lighthouse show, etc., but forecast is 25 mph on Monday and 32 mph on Tuesday. Am really hoping we make it there. Obviously safety first.

26 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Problems at Port Canaveral shouldn't be held against MSC nor against Seashore.

If you can figure out the elevators (with and without YC priority hijack), it will be a plus. Some people never understand the elevators and complain for the entire week. YC hijack does work although it isn't always the fastest way to go. 

The crew might have a bit of burnout after the holiday cruises so keep that in mind. I've had great cruises on Seashore and would gladly sail Seashore again. Don't let the negative reviews scare you. 

What is this YC hijack you speak of? I'm booked in the YC on the Seashore in Feb. 2024

2 minutes ago, lilalila said:

What is this YC hijack you speak of? I'm booked in the YC on the Seashore in Feb. 2024

The elevators aren't like the typical elevator. If you are on deck 6 and want to go to deck 16, you press 16 on the outside keypad and wait. The keypad will tell you which elevator that you will enter (elevator A, for ex). A few seconds later, someone else on deck 6 wants to go to deck 11. That person will press 11 on the keypad and will also be instructed to use elevator A. Someone on deck 9 might also request deck 14 and be told to use elevator A. When elevator A arrives, you and the other person on deck 6 will enter. The elevator will stop at deck 9 and pick up that person. It will also stop at deck 11, deck 14, and finally your deck 16. 

If I am also on deck 6 and use my YC card to request deck 16 (a second after your request), the keypad will tell me to use a different elevator (C, for example). Elevator C will silently open, I will enter, and it will take me straight to deck 16. It will zoom right past the person waiting on deck 9. The trick is to pay attention. Elevator A will announce itself on the speaker. Elevator C won't make a sound. 😉