Barcelona…..Moll Adossat Port Shuttle

Going to try this question again. When we port in Barcelona large number of passengers are disembarking……heading to the airport, to hotels. There may be a large taxi queue. If we take the port shuttle to the WTC…..is it easy to get a taxi there? For us this is just a port day. Thanks

12 hours ago, martyap said:

the port shuttle to the WTC…..is it easy to get a taxi there?

You could try internet searching something along the lines of "Cruise Bus Barcelona Cruise Port Shuttle Bus Service" for port pick up points, fares, route etc. as there is more than the one stop at the WTC.  If no taxis you could use either a metro or a public bus to get you to where you want to be.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, martyap said:

When we port in Barcelona large number of passengers are disembarking……heading to the airport, to hotels. There may be a large taxi queue. If we take the port shuttle to the WTC…..is it easy to get a taxi there? For us this is just a port day. Thanks

51 minutes ago, alserrod said:

you can read here about other passengers who could take easily a taxi

Alserrod, the OP is concerned that with the ship actually disembarking most pax with luggage, that there may be a long line for taxis as most will be heading to the airport or to hotels, otherwise the thread above which you posted Nov 30th is an excellent source of info and I think many will appreciate it..

Edited by edinburgher

Still no problem. Taxi drivers know which boats arrive, on what days and their size (there are days when there may be no boat, days when two boats arrive at the same time and a boat with 3,000 passengers is not the same as a boat with 5,000).

They know that there are a number of passengers who want a taxi to the hotel, station or airport (with luggage) and others who want a taxi for an excursion. As it is an official taxi rank, the operation is simple: first come, first served taxi regardless of the destination.

And in any case, you can always call a taxi reservation service by phone. They will charge an additional fee and it will be a little more expensive.

I linked to the thread because I have written these and other things there several times and thus avoided so much copy-paste

• Like 1

In my experience of numerous embarkation/disembarkation in Barcelona over the last 15 years, taxis are plentiful.  

I think that it would be more time consuming to take a shuttle somewhere else to get a taxi.  Only the OP knows the plans they have for the day.    I have to say that we were always one of the first off the ship.  We sacrificed the last breakfast to get an early train home.  

If we were going for the day, I would still get off the ship promptly if going DIY.  Bcn is one of my favorite cities with so much to see.  I would wait in line for a taxi to my first destination of the day and walk/use the metro after that.  

If this is just a day stop for your ship just take the shuttle to WTC! This is near Las Ramblas where there is so much to see and do! It lead up to Plaza Cataluna! The main market is on this street and El Cortes Ingles (department store) has amazing restaurant on top floor! 
At Plaza Cataluna you can get the Hop On Hop Off bus!