Three questions about a short trip to Le Havre (M433B)

West-Deutscher

Hello, I am from Germany and this text is automatically translated:

Dear Sir or Madam, in October I am on a short trip from Hamburg via Southampton to Le Havre. I have three questions about this:

1. Are so-called “post departure tours” offered in Le Havre that take us and our luggage to Paris?

2. Does everyone on the trip require a UK visa, even if they do not disembark in Southampton?

3. We paid the "Premium Price" which offers "Free use of Cunard shuttle buses between ship and city center (if available)". Is this bus available in Southampton and Le Havre?

Welcome to Cruise Critic, I can't help with your first 2 questions but it's interesting that Hamburg to Le Havre is sold as a cruise. 

Shuttle buses are provided in Southampton and Le Havre. 

If I try to book this cruise I get this option but it doesn't specify which airport. Did you book direct with Cunard or via a Travel Agent ? They might be able to add it to your booking if you haven't already purchased the transfer.

Screenshot_20240107_092729_Chrome.jpg

Posted (edited)

Re 2:

Germans do not need a visa for short touristic visits, just a passport.

Deutsche benötigen für kurze  touristische Besuche kein Visum, nur einen Reisepass.

Edited by carlmm
  • Like 1

Re 1:

Sicher können das nur das Reisebüro oder Cunard beantworten. Rechnen würde ich damit, abgesehen von möglicherweise einem Flughafentransfer, eher nicht.

Alternativ ist der Bahnhof in Le Havre mit dem Taxi in wenigen Minuten zu erreichen, ein Zug nach Paris direkt benötigt unter 2 1/2 Stunden.

6 minutes ago, carlmm said:

Re 1:

Sicher können das nur das Reisebüro oder Cunard beantworten. Rechnen würde ich damit, abgesehen von möglicherweise einem Flughafentransfer, eher nicht.

Alternativ ist der Bahnhof in Le Havre mit dem Taxi in wenigen Minuten zu erreichen, ein Zug nach Paris direkt benötigt unter 2 1/2 Stunden.

Can you post in English as well please @carlmm ?

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers.

I booked it directly through Cunard and there it was not possible to book a transfer to Paris for Le Havre.
There is, however, an excursion from Le Havre to Paris via Cunard ("Paris Entdeckungsreise), but this is probably only for guests who are travelling on to New York and not for guests who want to stay in Paris with their luggage..

One person on this trip only has a visa for Germany and France, but not for the UK, so I'm unsure if this visa also needs to be available (Even if there are no plans to go ashore, some countries require a transit visa.)

Paris Entdeckungsreise.jpg

The current train timetable is available here:

https://ter-fiches-horaires.sncf.fr/publish/-Fiche horaires V4 PARIS-LE HAVRE du 10 décembre 2023 au 5 juillet 2024.pdf

Those labelled KRONO+ are direct services.

Unusually, times for October are not available yet due to major tunnel works on that line. Generally trains to Paris are about every 2 hours and journey time is slightly more than 2 hours. I believe the actual trains were renewed in 2020. I had intended to use the line that year until Covid19 cancelled our sailings. First Class prices were not too much more than standard and probably worth paying for extra space for passengers and luggage.

When the timetables are released for after 5th July, they should appear on this web page:

https://www.ter.sncf.com/normandie/se-deplacer/fiches-horaires