Taylor Swift fan partial charters in 2024

Honolulu Blue

Posted (edited)

I find the trend toward fan cruises for Taylor Swift very interesting, even though I'm not enough of a fanboy to attend any of these.  All of these are unauthorized, explicitly state that Ms. Swift will NOT be attending, and that she and her official fan club have nothing to do with them. But all do have blocks of cabins available for fans and they'll have plenty of Swiftie-related activities onboard.

Here's the ones that I could find:

• Summer Era Cruise - June 15-20, Mariner of the Seas, departing from Galveston
  • Bestie Cruise 2024 - July 22-26, Navigator of the Seas, departing from Long Beach
  • In My Cruise Era - October 21-25, Allure of the Seas, departing from Miami

Use your favorite search engine for more information about any of these cruises.

A couple of minutes of musing... it's clear that Taylor is the hottest musician on the planet right now.  Would we have had fan cruises for Elvis, The Beatles, or any of the other musicians that have had their moments of white-hot popularity, had casual cruising been more of a thing?  Maybe, but who really knows?

I like a few TS songs, but there are many more performers that I'd rather see live - some of which I will on various music themed cruises and concerts over the next 12 months.

That's about all I have to say. But perhaps you have a Taylor Swift story that's relevant to this.  Is there anyone who's a big, big fan who might be tempted by these fan cruises?  Or have a friend/child/sibling/other relative who is?  Talk to us?  Thanks!!

Edited by Honolulu Blue

On 1/7/2024 at 10:38 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Would we have had fan cruises for Elvis, The Beatles, or any of the other musicians that have had their moments of white-hot popularity, had casual cruising been more of a thing?  Maybe, but who really knows?

Probably.  People being fans hasn't really changed.  Fan clubs for bands, and other interests, have been around for a long time.  What's changed is accessibility.  It's easier to find these groups and there's more opportunities to do so.  The Beatles had movies, a cartoon, and a lot of merchandise back then so I could definitely see a cruise, if that had been more of a thing then. 

And from the artists' end, it's also a business - a way to advertise and to sell merchandise.  What is now San Diego's Comic-Con started in 1970.  Today there's fan conventions and other events, like cruises, for pretty much every interest. 

I like a few of Taylor Swift's songs but I generally gravitate more to metal and hard rock.  Our hockey team had a Taylor Swift night this year and it was very well attended.  They played her music and had a friendship bracelet making station and some other themed activities.  A lot of little girls came dressed like her.  It was nice and people really enjoyed it.  I would imagine these cruises would be something like that. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

What is now San Diego's Comic-Con started in 1970.  Today there's fan conventions and other events, like cruises, for pretty much every interest. 

Comic-Con has now branched into its own cruise, with its first sailing in 2025.

P.S.  Thank you for all your comments!

• 3 months later...

I'm updating this to note that CC itself has done an article on one of the TS themed cruises (In My Cruise Era).  It's at In My Cruise Era: What You Need to Know About the Taylor Swift Cruise (cruisecritic.com) .  It adds a little more info about that particular cruise and also the fact that that particular one is sold out.