Gunbae timeline question

444cruiser

Probably about 90minutes most of the time but it’s often a bit of a slow meal as many people order seconds and thirds of some dishes.

My favourites are the fried spicy chicken, the seafood pancake, bibimbap and then the marinated beef for the grill.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ballpark 90 minutes.  It can take longer if you choose to hang around over coffee or alcohol after dinner, but we've never felt the need to hang with the group after the ice cream.

Our favorite dish is the marinated beef....I don't remember the name correctly--kawli or something similar.  In fairness, I'm not a spicy food person.....I order the chicken with sauce on the side, making it a little bland, but with the sauce, it is too much for me.  The pancake is good.  We skip the initial appetizers.

Our first time, the server asked if we wanted to order off the menu or she could bring a selection of the "favorites."  We went with the favs and it was WAY too much food.  Now we stick to ordering a few dishes.

It isn't as good as Korean BBQ places we've eaten in Asia, but not bad either.

Edited by cantgetin

As others mention, 90 minutes-ish is a good timeframe.  I recommend Gunbae for the first night because it's a good way to meet some of your fellow Sailors.  Not the best Korean BBQ but a fun meal nonetheless.  If you or anyone in your party does not want to partake in the drinking game, just ask for a shot of water instead of Soju. 

9 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

If you or anyone in your party does not want to partake in the drinking game, just ask for a shot of water instead of Soju. 

My wife doesn't really drink so they just "encouraged" me to drink her shot when it got to her losing on her turn.  They did the same for another couple, one of whom didn't want to drink.