Should I bring a stroller to ports, Mexican Riviera?

whataboutport

We will be doing Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV. We have a travel stroller, baby jogger city tour (old version 1) we bought for Rome but never used since COVID lock downs in 2020. I read it was decent for cobblestone and uneven old roads.

We are planning on doing the water taxi, medano beach, then walk back to visitor center/tender area for Cabo. I realize it can be a bit of a walk.  For Mazatlan, thinking of doing the hike to El Mirador lookout (I know there are many stairs). And PV walking to the nearby Playa del Oro beach. The stroller folds up quickly and we have a belly bar attached that I can use to sling over my shoulder for transporting. We also have the backpack carry bag, but it's actually quite a hassle to get it in and out. Is it dumb to even think of bringing the stroller?

My kid is a very tiny 5 yr old, just turned 5. Little legs and gets tired easily. I'm weighing my options of carrying around a folded up stroller, or carrying around a sleeping kid. The stroller can at least hold things that we buy but if we need to take things out of the stroller to fold it up, it kind of defeats the purpose. Also thinking of the stroller for sun protection for the kid. Hubby will be with me and we are fairly fit. We like hiking which is why I wanted to do the lookout. Or should I not bring it on all three? 

how tall and how much does he weigh? It appears he has some specials needs which make him need a stroller more than other kids. I'd bring a stroller.

That said, depending on his weight, do you have something like an Ergo Baby? Must sit on the hips, instead of shoulders, though.

This is not me, I got this photo from ergobaby website. That reminds me, I still have mine, even though my baby is about to be a teen, and is way over 100#. I was able to wear him till about 34#, since I have a very bad back, but it went to 40#.

What amazes me about this photo is not that she is baby wearing a toddler, but that she is hiking in her flip flops. 🙂

image.thumb.png.debd9aa7be3943d7fa70598930522c2a.png

18 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Or should I not bring it on all three? 

what's the third thing?

I also still have a very bulky Baby Jogger City Elite, which is not suitable for travel.

Are you flying or driving to the cruise? Are you going to take taxis at the ports?

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a10635/traveling_with_children - check out this board, great advice.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

how tall and how much does he weigh? It appears he has some specials needs which make him need a stroller more than other kids. I'd bring a stroller.

That said, depending on his weight, do you have something like an Ergo Baby? Must sit on the hips, instead of shoulders, though.

This is not me, I got this photo from ergobaby website. That reminds me, I still have mine, even though my baby is about to be a teen, and is way over 100#. I was able to wear him till about 34#, since I have a very bad back, but it went to 40#.

What amazes me about this photo is not that she is baby wearing a toddler, but that she is hiking in her flip flops. 🙂

image.thumb.png.debd9aa7be3943d7fa70598930522c2a.png

what's the third thing?

I also still have a very bulky Baby Jogger City Elite, which is not suitable for travel.

Are you flying or driving to the cruise? Are you going to take taxis at the ports?

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a10635/traveling_with_children - check out this board, great advice.

She must be from Hawaii lol. My hubby is also and it's so hard to tell then to wear something other than the slippahs 

My kid is barely 32 lbs on a good day! But he's long/lanky so baby wearing is a little awkward too. We just gave up our osprey but that thing was more bulky than the stroller folded up! He's technically not special needs but he's def not as tough as his cousins were at that age. 

The third thing was Puerto Vallarta. (Cabo, Mazatlan and PV are our ports)

We are driving to the port so luckily not flying 

Edited by whataboutport
Typo

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, whataboutport said:

The third thing was Puerto Vallarta. (Cabo, Mazatlan and PV are our ports)

oh, sorry, misread it as you choosing between 3 devices to bring with you: stroller, carrier and the 3rd. 🙂 I am not familiar with these ports and how much walking will be involved, but I would assume that a lot, if you are not vegging out on the beach like we do at every port. 🙂 Water is super cold on the West coast, so I guess those are not very beachy in the traditional way.

She must be from Hawaii lol. My hubby is also and it's so hard to tell then to wear something other than the slippahs 

ah, yes, that would explain it!

My kid is barely 32 lbs on a good day! But he's long/lanky so baby wearing is a little awkward too.

stroller it is. Mine was tall and heavy, 34# at 2, while our friends' kid was tall and super skinny and finally got to 40# at 8. He was hyper, though, so not easily contained in a stroller.

I was so sad when mine gave up on a stroller at 14 months and never looked back. That sucker was expensive and I only got to use it for a few months.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy