Sintra and Cascais Half day tour on Royal Caribbean

Has anyone done this half day tour .  I would like to know if it is on a large or small tour bus. The information is quite limited on the website. Does it stop in Sintra or is it more of a drive bye.  Thanks for any information.

17 hours ago, 4js said:

Has anyone done this half day tour .  I would like to know if it is on a large or small tour bus. The information is quite limited on the website. Does it stop in Sintra or is it more of a drive bye.  Thanks for any information.

As your question is Royal Caribbean specific, you may get better replies by cross posting on the Royal Caribbean Forum where passengers who have taken this tour would be more likely to see it and reply.

A half day tour can be anything from 3 hours to maybe 5 or 6, and there would be quite a difference in what can be seen or not seen in the timeframe quoted on yours.  EG, a 3 hour tour would offer  fewer opportunities than one of 5 or maybe even 6 hours.You can usually work out what is being visited and what is only "drive by" by very very  carefully reading the decription of the tour as cruiselines don't always give the best description.   Another clue may lie in "special notes" eg if it mentions stairways or uneven surfaces or something like "strenuous".

i would add though, that the shorter the tour to both places, the less likelyhood there is of there being time  for actual visits to sights along the way, unless of course they are specified.

We enjoy both Sintra and Cascais (as well as nearby Estoril) but cannot imagine doing it as only a half day tour.  One could easily spend a full day at those two locations.  I will add that we have done it on our own (we usually go to Sintra on our own).  One day we took the train from Lisbon to Sintra and spent a few hours doing our thing.  We than took a regional bus from Sintra to Cascais where we spent a few more hours before grabbing the train back to Lisbon :).

Hank