Personal Wine

We will soon depart on a B2B (back to back) cruises on the same ship but change rooms between legs. Both are PH1's.   I understand I can bring up to 6 bottles of wine for personal use; however, as there are two bookings (one for each leg) I am trying to determine if I can bring on the second group of 6 for use on the 2nd leg.  I am ok if Oceania wants to store the 2nd half case until then; however, in talking to Oceania's folks, they said it was not possible as their system is not that flexible.  Their suggestion was to either ship the "extra" wine to the mid-point (and pay for the custom duties and delivery fees) or just purchase wine on shore during the 2nd leg.  Has anyone run into this scenario and found a work around?

We travel with friends and they have a wine suitcase, holds 12 bottles. We take it on every trip and I fill half and they the other.  It is for our fine dining experiences and bringing 6-12 aboard is not an issue.  They are not going to confiscate your wine like other lines, and at each port you could bring on a bag with more wine or alcohol or beer, no issues. No one is counting. 
You are in Florida so it should be no big issue to load up a suitcase and carry it aboard yourself  and drop it in your room first thing. 
Changing rooms, also no big deal, just load your bottles in a suitcase and your Stewards or Butler will move them to your new room. 
The published limit of 6 is the “party line” but it means nothing, take what you need and add to it along the way. All that is asked is that you drink your wine/alcohol/beer in your room and if you are taking wine to dinner, please pay the $25 Corkage Fee (even if screw top 🤪) so that we do not lose that privilege.  Even if you are covered by SM, taking your own favorite wine can be quite a benefit and enjoyable. For us, taking a favorite $40-80 bottle from home ( we catch 30%+ off sales)  is like drinking the $125 and UP  wine on board. Just ENJOY. 

Mauibabes. 

• Like 4

I just did a 20-night B2B on Riviera in the Med, first in an A3 (deck 9) and then a B3 (deck 7). 10/30-11/19, 2023.

First, in Trieste at embarkation I brought on board beer, hard liquor and wine. Found some nice Italian material at the local grocery store.

Second, I brought on more beer, hard liquor and wine at nearly every port during the cruise.

Third, I had about 10 500 ml cans of beer, 3 bottles of hard liquor and at least 4 bottles of wine at the switch over. And on the day of the switchover, a friend of my wife gave us 2 more bottles of wine! I carried all my alcohol down to the new room. But that was me. I wanted to make sure it all got there in one piece and I put it where I wanted. (The people in our B3 on deck 7 were also doing a B2B room change so I worked with them and they let me bring my stuff into the room while they were waiting to move.)

Just talk to your room steward/attendant and discuss the situation, what you want to do. Do NOT worry about HOW MUCH alcohol you have or what kind. O doesn't care!