Detailed Photo Review of Carnival Panorama 8 Night Mexican Riviera New Year’s Cruise 12/30/23

On 2/7/2024 at 6:02 AM, EllieinNJ said:

What a great review.  Even though I have grandchildren older than Ian I still enjoyed your blog.

We also are going in April and leaving from LAX and was worried that I have a 2:45pm flight that puts us in NJ at 11pm.  We could have taken an 11am flight or a 1pm flight but now I think we will stay with the original if it takes so long to get an Uber/Lyft,

Ugh, yea it's so hard to fly cross country with the big time zone changes.  When we visited my parents in New York in August, the only direct fight back to Phoenix left around 6pm, and we landed at 9:30pm local time, which felt like 12:30am NY time, and by the time we got home, it was close to 2am NY time.  That was brutal!  

Even still, I think you are making the right call with keeping the later flight.  It's not worth the risk of missing the flight since based on peoples' replies, that traffic nightmare leaving the port of Long Beach is very common.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 8:57 PM, sab666711 said:

Nice strike brewing shirt. I believe you guys used to live in SJ

Thanks!  Yes, we lived in San Jose for about 8 years and Strike was one of our favorite breweries.  I told Jason you liked his shirt, and he was excited someone recognized it!

On 2/8/2024 at 4:16 PM, Kingsmom said:

Thank you so much for the great review.  It got me all pumped and ready to board!

Thanks for following along!  I hope you have a great cruise!

Hi Dana!  I really enjoyed your review and reliving part of our cruise!  We just got back from an unscheduled, emergency trip to PA for a week since my dad ended up having triple bypass surgery.  All good and he's such a trooper, no one there can believe he's 91!  We got back this weekend and can finally get back on CC. 

We did the self-debark and they had us waiting down on Deck 5 (outside).  Luckily it was a nice, sunny and warm day since it seemed to take forever for them to call our number.  Sometime between 9:30 and 10, a couple others out there with us who were also still waiting for their numbers to be called said we should all just go now and that's what we did.  LOL!!!  The lines had really died down so I don't know why they were weren't calling numbers.  We took an Uber from our hotel to board Panorama and it was that Uber driver that told us it can be hard to get an Uber when getting off the ship on Sunday's.  We were thinking about getting a cab but then after going to Deon's debarkation talk, we decided to just get the transport through Carnival to the airport.  We caught the tail end of the towel animal demonstration while we were waiting for the debarkation talk.  We normally don't attend, but our head waiter strongly suggested it and, well, it was Deon.  We really enjoyed him and the debarkation talk was actually fun/entertaining.  I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing a review this time but it had been so long.  I wasn't able to get screen shots of all the menus (had forgotten at first) and even forget what we had for dinner some nights - didn't get pics.  Hopefully the next cruise.  I don't know when/where our next cruise will be yet but may do one that goes to Aruba/Curacao since that would be some new places for us.  We had Magic booked in May 2020 out of Miami that went to HMC, Grand Turk, Aruba, and Curacao.  Hope to find that itinerary again.  I still miss the itinerary out of San Juan, my favorite. Thank you for taking the time to do another review - I've always enjoyed yours. 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2024 at 9:54 AM, deladane said:

The new menu has many more spicy dishes, and I have zero tolerance for spicy food so that eliminated a lot of options for me.

0064a

0064b

I agree too many spicy items and tomato sauce-y which can trigger my migraines. I guess tomatoes are cheap. 

”Did you know you can order from dessert menu an appetizer? I usually order what was called tropical fruit plate” and sorbet. Fresh, light and sorbet great palate cleanser (it went well with my first try at ceviche last october. too). Plus I keep unfinished fruit plate all through dinner to munch on as a side.” - buffettfan 225. 

• Like 1

I am sailing the Panorama on a 7 night cruise out of Long Beach. Do you know what the total cost of parking will be if I check in at 930am on Saturday 3/2 and return to retrieve my car by 830am on Saturday 3/9? Some places charge for 8 days and not 7/24 hour periods.

Edited by luvs
misspelled word

14 minutes ago, luvs said:

I am sailing the Panorama on a 7 night cruise out of Long Beach. Do you know what the total cost of parking will be if I check in at 930am on Saturday 3/2 and return to retrieve my car by 830am on Saturday 3/9? Some places charge for 8 days and not 7/24 hour periods.

I don't know the exact daily pricing to park in the garage because we used Uber.  Maybe someone else can chime in about that?

I don't think it will be possible for you to retrieve your car by 8:30am.  Unlike most other cruises from other ports who arrive back to their homeports at like 5 or 6am, the Panorama doesn't arrive back in Long Beach until 7am.  According to our paperwork, the earliest time to debark was 9:15am, and then you still need to get off the ship, through the terminal, through passport control, over to the garage, and up to your car.

Thank you. December of 2022 I took this same cruise but I took Uber to the Port and the ship did dock at 8am and I made my flight at LAX at 10am since i had no check in luggage. I would never do it again as it was very stressful.How do I ask this question on the Forum? I have not been able to figure it out. I'm sure there is someone who has sailed recently at out of Long Beach. Thank you again.

• Like 1