Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

Another long time lurker here, but when you said this was going to be your last live, I felt compelled to chime in.  I've immensely enjoyed your reviews, and you have a unique and honest way of writing.  Best of luck to you in you future endeavors, and take care of yourself back in Atlanta. 

• Like 6

Thank you for the great ride this trip, many times it felt like I was right there walking along with you (especially OSJ), it was a pleasure my friend! 

Safe travels and the best going forward 👍...

• Like 3

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I hope to find your uncensored musings in the future.

Loved your dream interpretation with the granite. Sometimes you have to break it down before you can move it forward. I sense you'll be up to the task......

• Like 4

Thanks for anther epic LIVE! Your writing style and photography are amazing as always! You really do have career options, so get out there, find what makes you happy and MAKE it happen!

• Like 1

In case anyone is keeping track of the number of fights I've almost been in, so far it's up to 2... Another "line incident" here at the airport. I was in the line to check my bag, and was getting pretty close to the front. A "lady" in front of me was on the phone with someone, and I had already predicted what was about to happen. Finally, the "lady" waves to her "gentleman" friend, and next thing you know he comes up and removes the rope that designates the line, and helps himself in front of me and the hundred others who've been patiently waiting. Of course, I don't stand for "that" stuff, so I said "look, this isn't happening, y'all are going to have to at least get behind me, but it's also not fair to ALL these other people"... Of course the "gentleman" gets all angry and starts yelling at me. I just stood there and let him say his piece, and then I walked in front of both of them... Not happening buddy, not today... 

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I have five Carnival cruises booked this year. But....two of them were great deals (for me) from back in the spring sale of 2022. Then two Jubilee ones...one was about what I expect to pay for a new ship. The other was slightly more but it's for this summer. I booked it after the price for Celebration skyrocketed for my week last summer. The fifth I only booked to get me to diamond for 2025. But change is coming. Four of the last five cruises I've booked have not been with Carnival. Three are NCL. The prices are coming out better. 10% military discount. $150-250 off with Cruise First/Next. Free at sea. Unless there's a major change I think NCL may be my primary cruise line in a year.

Yeah, one DD is still in college so we travel spring break and summer- terribly expensive fares.  Have enjoyed Carnival in the past, really want to try the newest class ship,  but their fares were similar to NCL which included drinks, dining and WiFi. Couldn’t make the math work- sigh.  Got to get the girls off the payroll and have more flexibility on when we cruise- that should help.  

Enjoy all those cruises on the books!  So jealous…

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

In case anyone is keeping track of the number of fights I've almost been in, so far it's up to 2... Another "line incident" here at the airport. I was in the line to check my bag, and was getting pretty close to the front. A "lady" in front of me was on the phone with someone, and I had already predicted what was about to happen. Finally, the "lady" waves to her "gentleman" friend, and next thing you know he comes up and removes the rope that designates the line, and helps himself in front of me and the hundred others who've been patiently waiting. Of course, I don't stand for "that" stuff, so I said "look, this isn't happening, y'all are going to have to at least get behind me, but it's also not fair to ALL these other people"... Of course the "gentleman" gets all angry and starts yelling at me. I just stood there and let him say his piece, and then I walked in front of both of them... Not happening buddy, not today... 

I respect you so much for doing stuff like this...I have WAY too much social anxiety for it 

• Like 7

@sid_9169 love your commentary. And shirts. Great stuff. I’ll be on the May Horizon cruise you’re on. I’m not a huge Alchemy guy but if I’m there and it gets busy, I’ll save my seat for you. I can’t lose money at the crap table sitting at the alchemy bar…..we live in Gainesville, GA and you picked a great time for this cruise.

Safe travels

• Like 2

Safe travels Sid! Thank you again for taking us along with you on this awesome sailing. I've enjoyed reading your live CC threads since the NCL ones with your ex. Your pictures are always great, and I'll miss your Cozumel adventures. I hope one day to get to the other side of the island and visit your favorite bar. 

• Like 2

I had already predicted there was a good chance this was going to happen, then it happened... That African mask that I so carefully had packed and wedged into my backpack got me flagged in the TSA line. I have pre check, so I'm considered a "trusted traveler", but maybe they've never seen WOOD before on the scanner... 

I insisted that if he was going to search my bag that he'd have to put on a new clean pair of gloves. Of course, he didn't like that, but I didn't care, as I knew my stuff was "clean"... I also told him to be very careful, as the item costed me a lot of money, and I didn't want this bozo to break it. By the way, if you ever want to get on the bad side of a TSA agent, do that... Anyhoo, they took it out, and he went over to show it to his supervisor and I was on my way. I also requested that he let ME put it back in my bag, because I was already lucky he didn't break it anyway. I paid wayyy too much, and have dragged that thing wayyy too far to have it messed up by some government functionary... Anyhoo, I'm at my gate two hours early... It's going to be another one of those long days, and I don't want to eat airport food, and I have to take another shower when I get home... 

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, Elsammo46 said:

I respect you so much for doing stuff like this...I have WAY too much social anxiety for it 

Somebody has to stand up to these bullies... That's the reason they are bullies, because they always get away with it. They just picked the wrong guy to mess with today. I may not be a physically imposing guy, but I DO have a "look" about me that says "maybe shouldn't mess with this one"... It sucks that things have to be that way in this day and age, but I'm a Libra, and I believe in fairness, and I'm willing to fight for it when pressed...

• Like 39