How is a Kids club on New Amsterdam ?

Looking to book a cruise with two kids , last time we cruised on Holland was 14 years ago  I would like to know from peoples personal experience how is a kids club on New Amsterdam ? What is the hours of operation and what special activities they have ? Yes, I know there is "better" cruise lines for kids , but we have not much options now. 

We just cruised on NA last month. I was initially concerned when I dropped my kids off the first time because it seemed pretty bare bones. However, my kids loved it! The staff was great, and they begged to go. They played games, did various activities, and got to know some of the other kids on the cruise. They’d see them later at the pool and play together. They had morning, afternoon, and evening/night time openings on sea days. I want to say it was something like 9-12, 1-4 or 5, and 6 or 7-10 or something along those lines. Availability on port days was more limited, depending on how many hours we were in port. There’s also a free arcade that teens can use during the day and younger kids can go to with their parents in the evenings. It was on the smaller side, but that was fine since HAL doesn’t attract hoards of kids. We appreciated that it was free because I know other lines charge for arcade games.  

• Like 1

Hi, we have two grandsons 6 & 9, going to Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam in August.  Does the staff take them to the sports court or the pool?  Ant behind the scenes tours.  One has a food allergy. How would they let us know if he has an issue?  The Navigator app is not a reliable way to communicate in our experience.