Trouble booking dining

Cdude

Sailing Sun on her 2nd voyage and paid in full. I can’t book any SD for any day on either app. I keep getting a message that there is no availability. Is that possible? Seems unlikely I’ll have to call them. Anyone else having issues?

I also noticed the new app makes you pick a time where the old app just asked for the day and then gave you available time slots.

Edited by Cdude

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

It’s not available yet. ☀️

How could that be? We are within 60 days and fully paid. Do you know when dining becomes available? Spa appointments have been eligible for quite some time already.

5 minutes ago, Cdude said:

How could that be? We are within 60 days and fully paid. Do you know when dining becomes available? Spa appointments have been eligible for quite some time already.

Princess hasn’t made dining available for any cruises on the Sun.  

Edited by Jadn13

Go to the sun thread. They talk about it there. There’s even a rumor that the first few sailings won’t have it ready until they get on the ship. 

You need a lot of patience when you book an early sailing of a new class of ship. Everything is new. Rolling out a 3rd or 4th version of a ship class is mostly a cookie cutter operation. But Princess has never had a specific restaurant for suites nor one for “reserved class”. Plus the MDR is like nothing Princess has ever done. They are starting from scratch here. The excitement of being the first ones on a new design comes with frustrations of being on a new design. 

• Like 2

Sorry for your frustration. We are on the Sun in August so hopefully initial teething problems will be ironed out by then! If not I will just be extremely grateful to being on a new ship.

I fear the early Sun Princess reviews will be full of negative comments. Seems to happen with every new ship class ( I remember Celebrity Edge had awful initial reviews).

If you book inaugural cruises I think some slack ought to be given. I sometimes wonder if serial complainers book new ship cruises just so they can be the first to complain!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Sorry for your frustration. We are on the Sun in August so hopefully initial teething problems will be ironed out by then! If not I will just be extremely grateful to being on a new ship.

I fear the early Sun Princess reviews will be full of negative comments. Seems to happen with every new ship class ( I remember Celebrity Edge had awful initial reviews).

If you book inaugural cruises I think some slack ought to be given. I sometimes wonder if serial complainers book new ship cruises just so they can be the first to complain!

We too sail in August and still can’t make diner reservations. Not to worry. We eat late so there shouldn’t be a problem getting a table. 

• Like 1