grand cayman turtle farm $ entrance

oakleys

Here's the website:

http://www.turtle.ky/general_tours.cfm

It says $6/US per adult, $3/US per child. We went in January with a tour, couldn't tell you if that is the updated price though (lol). It's cute, but if you're going to have to end up taking a cab, I would consider it worth it to do a whole tour instead. :)

Hope it helps!

We took the Stingrays & Island Tour through NativeWay. Lisa guided us through everything.

She made sure that each and every person in her tour was informed about everything at the Turtle Farm AND that every one who wanted to was able to hold one of the turtles. I know that this wasn't the case with everyone because we had this incredibly RUDE lady who pushed her way in front of my kids trying to hold the turtle Lisa was helping us with. Thankfully, we have digital cameras so knew which pictures she ruined. Lisa kept asking her to leave us alone until our party was through, but that lady would have none of it. I'm hoping that if she had had a guide, this wouldn't have been the case. :confused:

sdwrdt-

We were thinking of doing the same tour. What did you think of the whole tour. How much time did you spend at Stingray, turtle farm and Hell. How did they transport you around. How far in advance did you book.

We paid $45 per person. Our tour lasted from about 10:30 am and we didn't get back to the tenders until after 3:30 pm. We were scheduled to be back at 2:30, but there was a problem with someone leaving their camera on the tour bus, so we at first waited about 20 minutes but then discovered that they could wait until the entire tour was over before getting the camera. Then when we were ready to get back to the dock after the stingrays, there was no one available to pick us up for another 15 minutes, so our captain took his time in getting us back, rather than sitting around the dock with nothing to do.

We were driven around in a nice, air-conditioned mini tour bus. We spent the first 2 hours of the tour driving the roads parallel to 7-mile Beach, went to Hell, Tortuga Rum Factory and the Turtle Farm. We never felt rushed anywhere, but Lisa was a little worried about our time when we were supposed to leave the Turtle Farm. Because we were running a bit late, I didn't even stop in the gift shop there.

We sent our initial email on 1/28 for our arrival in the Caymans on 3/23. We ended up receiving our confirmation from her on 2/8 and then called her with our credit card number.

Sharon's initial email reply said they take up to 28 people on the Stingrays & Island tour, but I don't think our bus could have held that many (I'll admit that I didn't count the seats to be sure.) We only had 12 people on our tour.

Here's the website:

http://www.turtle.ky/general_tours.cfm

It says $6/US per adult, $3/US per child. We went in January with a tour, couldn't tell you if that is the updated price though (lol). It's cute, but if you're going to have to end up taking a cab, I would consider it worth it to do a whole tour instead. :)

Hope it helps!

Wouldn't you have to take a cab anyways even if an excursion is booked? I do not recall any of my past excursions including a cab.

Wouldn't you have to take a cab anyways even if an excursion is booked? I do not recall any of my past excursions including a cab.

I think you misunderstood-if you have an excursion they usually use and include the tour bus. ;) Ours did, and they met us right at the dock. No cab necessary, and I don't think I've heard heard of anyone having to take a cab on a tour excursion... :) Unless to get to a beach or something. The OP was asking about the Turtle Farm without an excursion-I figured s/he would be taking a cab to get there then.

My point was-if you were going to be taking a cab to get to the Turtle Farm on your own, it might be worth it just to pay for the full excursion through Carnival or the private tour companies. I enjoyed the whole tour experience-Hell, Turtle Farm and Stingrays. It took us 45 minutes just to get through 7 Mile Beach at 2pm (cut into Senor Frog's time! How dare they!!!), which could cost a lot if you were to hire a cab driver who didn't use the back roads and won't accept a deal.

Have just returned from cruise with HAL,

Had not booked anything, found Jennifer as soon as we got off the tender, ask for her they all know her Jennifer's Taxi Service, she is working on her website, she took us in an air conditioned bus to the priministers house, stopped on seven mile beach for around 15 mins went to Hell stayed around 20 mins, went to turtle farm $7 entrance independentley $5 with Jen, she came round with us giving lots of info about 1 hour here, Tortuga rum cake and rum tasting, came out of here a little worse for wear, she then dropped us off on seven mile beach and we decided to walk back to ship, tour lasts around 2 and half hours, we had around 1 hour left to shop cost $20 a bargain and a fantastic day. Jen is a very proud single mum who works hard for a living tell her you got her name off cruise critic and she may give a discount.:)

Archived