EZ Air

love to cruz

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Teechur. My memory is fuzzy, but I am trying to recall my initial Delta flight (that I cancelled) to Montreal.  When I inquired with Delta about free one check, I was told that as long as I purchased EZ Air AND had my credit card at the ticket counter, they would have allowed me free luggage.  I never got to test that policy since that is the flight that I cancelled.

Good luck with the lounge.  That seems to be a given if you have a United flight/ticket and are usually admitted.  That would be a nice way to pass the time.

Yes, it doesn't matter from where you purchased the ticket - if you qualify for the FF lounge, you are in.

5 hours ago, Teechur said:

We will upgrade to Economy Plus if there are seats available. The second flight, Denver to Maui is almost $200 pp. for the upgrade. The bag fee is $40 and although I have a United Credit Card, it probably won't allow us free bags since we didn't purchase the flights directly from United. I'm hoping they will allow us in the United lounge in Denver since I normally qualify. With the codeshare flight, neither Air Canada nor United representatives seem to know the details. 🤪

If you want to fly PE, why not just book it that way using EZair?  You will have a free checked bag as well.

5 hours ago, Teechur said:

It's my understanding that if we upgrade our seats or prepay baggage fees then change flights, we lose the upgrade money. It is non-refundable. Best to wait until we are reasonably sure of our flights and hope that there are upgrade seats still available.

It might vary by airline, but I have not lost a seat fee, IIRC.  A phone agent will normally recognize you paid prior to making the flight change if the system doesn't.  Also, I never pay the bag fee until online check-in - no reason to IMO.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you want to fly PE, why not just book it that way using EZair?  You will have a free checked bag as well.

Premium Economy is substantially more expensive than Economy Plus. When we flew from LAX to LHR last year, Economy was $500+. Premium Economy was $2400+. We purchased PE from EZ Air while booking. Economy Plus was only bookable from the airline (United over/Virgin back) if you held an Economy Seat, as it is a seat upgrade rather than a cabin change.

Since our flights for the upcoming cruise are relatively short, we hope to go with just Economy Plus ($78 extra on the 2 flights from Ca. to Ft. Lauderdale), and a yet unknown amount from Montreal to Denver.

EZ Air said to contact the airline directly for those upgrades.

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

Premium Economy is substantially more expensive than Economy Plus. When we flew from LAX to LHR last year, Economy was $500+. Premium Economy was $2400+. We purchased PE from EZ Air while booking. Economy Plus was only bookable from the airline (United over/Virgin back) if you held an Economy Seat, as it is a seat upgrade rather than a cabin change.

Since our flights for the upcoming cruise are relatively short, we hope to go with just Economy Plus ($78 extra on the 2 flights from Ca. to Ft. Lauderdale), and a yet unknown amount from Montreal to Denver.

EZ Air said to contact the airline directly for those upgrades.

Ahh, my bad.  Brain thought I had seen PE, but you wrote E Plus above. 

Just a heads-up FWIW. On our last two attempts to book flights through EZAir, one from Atlanta to Santiago (Jan 2024) returning from Buenos Aires (Feb 2024) and the other just now from Atlanta (Jan 2025) to Buenos Aires returning from Ft Lauderdale (Jan 2025), the RT price was $800 and $1300, respectively, more expensive than booking them with a refundable deposit directly through Delta. FWIW the seats were Delta Comfort+, if that makes a difference.

Needless to say, we chose to book the flights directly with the airline rather than using EZAir. We usually book the flights as soon as they are available and periodically refare them if the price drops, as they are refundable bookings.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Another question for a first time EZ Air user please!

We just made our final payment on our June cruise. we booked EZ air for the return flight only and it was unrestricted economy through AA operated by British Airway.  We made a seat selection at the time of reservation.

My questions are, when will it become a hard ticket?   and will the seats I selected still be reserved or do I need to go onto BA or AA to select them again?  

Thank you again!!

1 hour ago, red4u2 said:

Another question for a first time EZ Air user please!

We just made our final payment on our June cruise. we booked EZ air for the return flight only and it was unrestricted economy through AA operated by British Airway.  We made a seat selection at the time of reservation.

My questions are, when will it become a hard ticket?   and will the seats I selected still be reserved or do I need to go onto BA or AA to select them again?  

Thank you again!!

Per EZAir's terms, air reservations will be ticketed 45 days prior to the first air segment.  During the restart EZAir dropped the ball and forgot to issue some passengers tickets.  Now a days, EZAir tends to ticket sooner rather than later--around the 60 to 70 day mark.  You should check your Travel Summary at 40 days (or sooner) to see if ticket numbers populate in the air section.  If these remain blank, that means your air reservation has not been ticketed.  If less than 40 days, you still don't see ticket numbers, you need to call in to EZAir and get your air reservation ticketed.

The seats you selected are reserved and will remain yours.  The great thing about booking BA through EZAir is that you can preselect seats in economy or business for free.  If booked directly though BA, there's a fee for seat selection which adds up, especially if you have connecting flights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Per EZAir's terms, air reservations will be ticketed 45 days prior to the first air segment.  During the restart EZAir dropped the ball and forgot to issue some passengers tickets.  Now a days, EZAir tends to ticket sooner rather than later--around the 60 to 70 day mark.  You should check your Travel Summary at 40 days (or sooner) to see if ticket numbers populate in the air section.  If these remain blank, that means your air reservation has not been ticketed.  If less than 40 days, you still don't see ticket numbers, you need to call in to EZAir and get your air reservation ticketed.

The seats you selected are reserved and will remain yours.  The great thing about booking BA through EZAir is that you can preselect seats in economy or business for free.  If booked directly though BA, there's a fee for seat selection which adds up, especially if you have connecting flights.

Thank you very much that awesome and detailed answer!!  No ticket numbers yet, just a reservation number. Great to know we won't have to pay for a seat selection. I'm sure Economy is going to be rough for that long of a flight, but at least its non-stop!

Thank you again!    now Ill have to wait to see what luggage allowance we have! 🙂

Reading this thread reminded me to recheck prices. As of today, flights for my next cruise are:

$911 from EZ Air, or $967 directly from the airlines. So far, I've had good luck with EZ Air, but I continually check and recheck. 😉