Is vibe worth the cost for cruise with no sea days?

cb2367

11 hours ago, trivia addict said:

But you don’t say why you feel it is not worth it unless I missed one of your posts.

You are entitled to feeling this way, but it would be helpful for others to know why you think Vibe is not worthwhile at either the old price or the new price.

Because you don't get anythng that is worth the cost.

7 hours ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

Because you don't get anythng that is worth the cost.

Again, have you ever actually experienced the Vibe first hand? 

As I've said previously, if you haven't then your "opinion" is just pure speculation! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Again, have you ever actually experienced the Vibe first hand? 

As I've said previously, if you haven't then your "opinion" is just pure speculation! 

I'm not the one you're responding to, but I disagree with your statement. I haven't experienced Vibe and I likely never will because I have no interest in what it offers. Therefore I know I would not be worth the cost TO ME! And I'm guessing to the person you're responding to. But of course for someone else it might be! Thank heavens we're not all the same!

So while I disagree and think that you can have an opinion without having the experience, I do think just saying "no" like what was done is kind of pointless.

17 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I'm not the one you're responding to, but I disagree with your statement. I haven't experienced Vibe and I likely never will because I have no interest in what it offers. Therefore I know I would not be worth the cost TO ME! And I'm guessing to the person you're responding to. But of course for someone else it might be! Thank heavens we're not all the same!

So while I disagree and think that you can have an opinion without having the experience, I do think just saying "no" like what was done is kind of pointless.

Everyone has an opinion.  An opinion from someone who has never paid for and experienced the vibe is worth a heck of a lot less than someone who has.

Kinda like someone who hates mexican food commenting about the latest new mexican restaurant in town.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Asawi said:

So, you disagree that an "opinion" based upon zero experience/first hand knowledge is speculation? 

Well I disagree with your statement. 

I believe that most people, like myself, come to these forums for facts and opinions based upon actual experiences. 

The OP asked a question regarding the value of Vibe in a certain circumstance. Responding yes or no, having zero experience, is sort of irresponsible and is the definition of speculation. 

• Like 2

I think (my opinion) that if someone is going to be on the negative side of purchasing the Vibe passes, they should state if they have firsthand experience.    Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they should state if their opinion is based on actual experience or if they just think it would not be worth it to them.  And that is ok as everyone has a right to pick and choose how to spend their vacation money.    We choose not to buy spa passes; however, I have never stated it was a waste money.   

I am still very thankful for all those posters in 2015 that talked and raved about the Vibe on these boards.   If it was not for them, I would not have known about it and certainly would not have known the procedure you had to go through to get a Vibe pass. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

So, you disagree that an "opinion" based upon zero experience/first hand knowledge is speculation? 

Yes. You can have an opinion about VALUE if what's on offer is of no interest to you. (Or if it is!) It's kind of academic though since, as you point out, one has to assume (whatever that does to you and me 😉 ) that the person asking the question actually has an interest in Vibe. Therefore, of course, any opinions from other "Vibe-people" should be valued many many times more than those of us "non-Vibers".

I am now stepping away from this to not muddy up the thread even more. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree in this particular matter. And hopefully agree in others! 😄 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Yes. You can have an opinion about VALUE if what's on offer is of no interest to you. (Or if it is!) It's kind of academic though since, as you point out, one has to assume (whatever that does to you and me 😉 ) that the person asking the question actually has an interest in Vibe. Therefore, of course, any opinions from other "Vibe-people" should be valued many many times more than those of us "non-Vibers".

I am now stepping away from this to not muddy up the thread even more. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree in this particular matter. And hopefully agree in others! 😄 

I would advise you to step away from this thread.  If you spend too much time here it may peak your interest and you may decide to give the vibe a try at some point in the future.  If you do you are likely to become one of its biggest advocates.  

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Lmao!!

Odd Couple references aside, the OP started the thread and asked the question.

We don't have to ASSUME that they have an interest in Vibe. They actually said that they do by starting the thread and asking the question.

And I mean no disrespect but you cannot judge VALUE without firsthand experience of this or something comparable. Having no interest, which is absolutely fine, is not the same thing.

As someone who just spent, close to $900 on Vibe and having zero experience in Vibe, I want people who've been to provide their opinions of the good, the bad and the value of it. Not the perception of value from those that have no interest. 

I believe the OP wants the same.

BTW having read Vibe threads over the years, the overwhelming opinion of those that have actually experienced Vibe, is that it's awesome and worth the money at every price point.

It's why I've finally, having the opportunity, bought these passes for me, my wife and daughter.

I thank all those that have shared their experiences over the years!!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, vacation44 said:

You are correct, your opinion is as valid as is everyone else's opinion.  However, your original comment came off more as a fact than an opinion which is why I commented. 

As someone who routinely ignores users with the inability to distinguish between what is a fact and what is their opinion, I've missed about 40% of the posts in this thread.

(Well, I wouldn't say I've missed them....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

As someone who routinely ignores users with the inability to distinguish between what is a fact and what is their opinion, I've missed about 40% of the posts in this thread.

(Well, I wouldn't say I've missed them....)

As with almost all on line forums going back to the BBS days, the long term members seem to have that issue frequently and as well seem to think that their opinions are more important than thsoe of oterhs.  I don't put anyone on ignore, I just shine past them and move to better posts.

3 hours ago, Asawi said:

one has to assume (whatever that does to you and me 😉 ) that the person asking the question actually has an interest in Vibe.

there is a fallacy to this supposition. to take the mexican food example up above... it's hard to be authentic and authoritative with your opinion if you haven't tried said mexican restaurant, even if you know you don't like mexican food. time and time again, i myself and many around me have thought we didn't like this or that... only to try a different version of this or that and suddenly discover that we do in fact like this or that. sometimes, even just the experience of going to the mexican restaurant with our friends or family, who we like more than mexican food, helps us find value in the experience.  and then there are dishes like carne asada, which are not typically what one would think of as "mexican food." sometimes, people reject things without fully understanding the full expanse of what the thing in question has to offer.

i don't like brussels sprouts. or so i thought. and then i had them properly prepared and nicely carmelized with a bit of bacon and a honey drizzle. i guess you could say that it's still true that i don't like brussels sprouts; now i love them!

somebody might not value what the vibe offers. until their partner insists they try it. and then - suddenly - they discover they do rather like being waited on with unparalleled service that's hard to get elsewhere on the ship, they like not having to fight chair hogs or kids or crowds, they like big loungers (and they cannot lie), they like clean bathrooms, they like pitchers of ice water and they like the shared experience of being with their partner and meeting new friends in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere not possible elsewhere.

so whether somebody has actually visited the vibe is indeed relevant to the credibility of their opinion (in my opinion). in post #59, i spoke of the difference between cost and value. it's perfectly fine for somebody to say that they personally don't see any value in the amenities offered by the vibe. but how would they know unless they've experienced them?

yes, it's true: some people eschew the sun and hot tubs and alcohol. it's a pretty safe bet to say that there's very little value in the vibe for them. but to unilaterally make that decision for everybody by saying that nothing in the vibe is worth the cost is just absurd on its face..

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 4

This is my favorite thread ... please keep the discourse flowing (even those I vehemently disagree with) 🙂  

As many have mentioned, it's a value proposition.  For me, as someone going on a spring break Caribbean cruise in March, I bought passes for my wife and I even though our 10-year old won't be able to gain access ... because I am highly confident the pool deck will be packed and super loud, chairs hard to find, and the bar constantly backed up.  A relaxed place in the sun or shade with a comfortable chair, a great view, and easily accessible drinks makes the upgrade worth it to me.  My wife doesn't know I bought the passes yet so I can't wait to find out if she agrees with me.  I would use it early morning, during the day, and before dinner, particularly if my 10-year old is hanging out in the kids club.

• Like 2

If on a cruise with warm weather and a day or 2 at sea definitely worth it. If like our last cruise from New Orleans in January, unusable 1st 2 days and last sea day would have been wasted money. I canceled before and so glad I did saving 3 x 229. 

On 1/14/2024 at 5:45 PM, zackarykeef said:

Not sure what itinerary you’re on, but we just returned today from the 7-day RT San Juan on the Viva…no sea days.

We always get Vibe, and it was still worth it. Most excursions are early, and we’re typically back to the ship around 1-2pm. We don’t need to be in port until the last minute, so we like some more time on the ship to relax. Vibe is clutch then, when the other areas start getting crowded and crazy with everyone coming back on board.

Also…no sea day itineraries are exhausting. We picked 2 days to not get off and to just stay on board and enjoy Vibe. By day 4 of get up early and go go go…it’s tiring.

I don’t think you would regret it!

Getting caught up on replies. I'm doing San Juan on Viva but it won't be until next March. 

On 1/24/2024 at 11:34 AM, UKstages said:

yes, it's true: some people eschew the sun and hot tubs and alcohol. it's a pretty safe bet to say that there's very little value in the vibe for them.

As a repeat Vibe cruiser, in the middle of this January winter yuck weather, I want me some sun, hot tubs, and alcohol!!  Please.  Now.  I can't wait for my NCL Joy cruise in June...with Vibe passes in hand...of course!

• Like 2