What to Do in Barbados Waiting for Late Afternoon Flight Home

sparkles

We’re interested in a fall cruise that ends in Barbados. Unfortunately the earliest flight doesn’t leave until 4pm. Hanging around the airport doesn’t sound like much fun. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

4 hours ago, sparkles said:

We’re interested in a fall cruise that ends in Barbados. Unfortunately the earliest flight doesn’t leave until 4pm. Hanging around the airport doesn’t sound like much fun. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Take Breakfast/Brunch at Sweetfield Manor-Leave about 12.30 and check in to the pre booked Airport Lounge.  The general Airport waiting areas are noisy, busy, grubby, limited comfortable seating, expensive food/drinks…. Can go on… While the lounge is….

Contact Sweetfield https://sweetfieldmanor.com for booking. 

Port Royal,
Thanks for the ideas. We’ll have our luggage with us and don’t know what we’d do with it. I thought about renting a car, but nobody would be safe on the roads with my DH or me trying to drive on the left!

7 hours ago, sparkles said:

Port Royal,
Thanks for the ideas. We’ll have our luggage with us and don’t know what we’d do with it. I thought about renting a car, but nobody would be safe on the roads with my DH or me trying to drive on the left!

Sorry, should have said a cab to Sweetfield.  It’s a short ride from port and to airport.
Sweetfield can hold all luggage secure for one’s party whilst there, so all can relax.  Also, they will call a known and reliable cab when ready to go to the airport.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Cab

7 hours ago, sparkles said:

Port Royal,

No not on the “left”.  

Americans drive on the right side of the road while in Barbados, as in Great Britain, one drives on the correct side. 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to book Resort for a Day at the Hilton.  Taxi from ship to hotel.  Leave luggage with bellman.  Have access to the beach, pool, nice restrooms, etc. until you are ready to head to the airport.  Hotel provides towels and there is an area where you can get cleaned up before your flight.  Your driver might suggest coming back for you which works; however, you will lose the ability to stay later in the event that your flight is delayed by an hour or two (it happened to us once and we really wished we could have stayed at the Hilton longer).  There are plenty of cabs available at the hotel when you are ready to leave.

• 1 month later...

Our flight was 9pm, we booked online into the Copacabana Beach Resort, Carlisle Bay, pay on arrival. It was $40 each for sun bed, umbrella, secure lockup for luggage, lockers for valuables, beach towels, showers and towels to freshen up before leaving for the airport. There's a restaurant and bar on site. It's a short taxi ride from the dock and about half hour to the airport.  Will definitely go there again after a cruise. 

We also went to Copacabana but on a P&O excursion.  Looks like it would have been cheaper to DIY but we had OBC to use.

The beach club was fine but a couple of minor bits we were not so happy with.  The secure store for your bags seemed to be open most of the time and there wasn’t always anyone on the reception desk next to it.

Likewise, there was someone walking around in a polo shirt with “Security” printed on it but he did nothing about the suspicious local lady walking between the sun beds.  My wife nudged me as she noticed the woman looking under my sun bed.

Finally, not sure if this is a P&O thing, but the menu was supposed to have hangar steak but this was replaced with a lamb stew which seemed to be more bones with a ‘spot the meat’ competition.