Last Week Celebrity Reflection; This week Celebrity Beyond

Was on the Reflection for New Year’s Eve Cruise and ship (sailing near capacity), never felt crowded in any venues.  This week on the Beyond (first time E class after many Celebrity Cruises) and this ship, though beautiful, has quickly become “NOT” a favorite.  Every venue feels cramped … lots of “out of the way nooks”,  but they are not practical; space usage is terrible.  Many design flaws with this class ship IMO including the Infinity Balcony, pool space, and gym.  Will not be cruising on an “E” Class ship any time soon.   Back to “S” Class or “M” Class for us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Was on the Reflection for New Year’s Eve Cruise and ship (sailing near capacity), never felt crowded in any venues.  This week on the Beyond (first time E class after many Celebrity Cruises) and this ship, though beautiful, has quickly become “NOT” a favorite.  Every venue feels cramped … lots of “out of the way nooks”,  but they are not practical; space usage is terrible.  Many design flaws with this class ship IMO including the Infinity Balcony, pool space, and gym.  Will not be cruising on an “E” Class ship any time soon.   Back to “S” Class or “M” Class for us.

How was the condition of the Reflection? We were on the Beyond January 2nd and agree with you. I was especially surprised by the size of the fitness center. The Reflection was a favorite of ours and we are thinking about booking a B2B this fall. 

4 hours ago, cbfb said:

How was the condition of the Reflection? We were on the Beyond January 2nd and agree with you. I was especially surprised by the size of the fitness center. The Reflection was a favorite of ours and we are thinking about booking a B2B this fall. 

The Reflection is in great shape.  We would not hesitate to book again.  IMO the layout of the Reflection is much more functional.  People are packed in the gym on the Beyond; we have found that if we go to the gym at 3pm it is the least crowded, but still are falling (literally) over people stretched out in walkways doing their exercise routines.  The Beyond fitness staff, though very nice, doesnt allow the use of the exercise studios if you don’t pay for a class.  The Reflection had no problem opening up the studios for mat use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:36 PM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Every venue feels cramped … lots of “out of the way nooks”,  but they are not practical; space usage is terrible.  Many design flaws with this class ship IMO including the Infinity Balcony, pool space, and gym.  Will not be cruising on an “E” Class ship any time soon.   Back to “S” Class or “M” Class for us.

Same here.  S class was less cramped.  M even better...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2024 at 2:33 AM, cbfb said:

I sailed the Reflection for 4 weeks in 2023. Great ship! In fine condition to me but there is a slight vibration after the October 2022 dry dock. I think that those of us who have grown to love Celebrity over the years of sailing on the M and S class ships are not enamored with the E class. 

• Like 3