Purse on ship??

GerriJS

I always take my purse but do not use it on the ship or in ports, i take my wallet out and put it in the safe then tuck it behind clothes or in a suitcase, i only bring it because, well i really don't know why, i guess i am just attached to it. Oh yeah, i remember, i need it to carry my personals in, lipstick, camera ect.. especially to carry everything i will need on the plane.

i bring my purse but leave in room. i bring "tacky" fanny pack around my waist...room enough for camera, cigs, whatever. i put my room key in a little thing i buy at walmart. it is clear with long string and you can unzip it and put your card in it and carry it around your neck. i usually slip it in my shirt. when i get off ship in port, i just put my license in it also. very handy

I don't bring a large purse with me, just a smaller 'travel' type purse I bought at Eagle Creek. It's large enough for my digital camera, sunglasses, etc. and has zip pockets for valuables. It's traveled all over the world with me. Actually, this is the purse I use most of the time at home since it is so handy! I usually bring a very small dressy purse for the dining room with just enough room for my room card & glasses.

Gerri - What woman doesn't take a purse? It's part of us!:D

Of course, at the risk of looking like Sophia of the Golden Girls, I never carry my purse anywhere around the ship. I do like an above poster...put the purse in a drawer until time to go home...but the wallet goes into the safe.

While on the ship, I make sure my shorts have pockets - for my ship's card and cigs. For evenings, I take a small evening bag for lipstick, cigs, card, and camera.

I don't take a purse on shore at ports. My wallet goes into my tote bag, along with whatever else I need while on shore.:)

My everyday purse is probably quite a bit smaller than what most women carry, I just don't like large purses, too heavy. But, when I travel, I actually carry a larger handbag than usual. It only goes as far as the ships cabin, from there I carry a wallet on a string (if I have to), an evening bag at night and during the day, most of the time I use pockets.

My regular wallet stays home, my above mentioned wallet/string holds my ID, one credit card and my health insurance card. I found that in the past if I carry a purse, everyone in my little family assumes that I will carry their junk for them, that does not happen any longer.

I used a small backpack type purse that I could put my book, sunglasses, sunscreen, and the schedule in. I left my wallet in the safe. At night I used the small evening bags I brought. They worked for bringing lipstick, my card, and glasses.

Shallwechat Thanks! I was looking for those things that go around the neck for my kids (and hubby of course!). We got them at Disney AFTER they lost their fastpass and had to have it deactivated!

Archived