Whittier: take 26 glacier cruise and make 8:30 cruise departure?

Kat915

I haven't cruised out of Whittier before and I want to take the 26 glacier cruise that ends at 6:20. Will be on cruise that leaves at 8:30 and they are not listing boarding time. I have someone with me that uses walker. How far is the 26 glacier cruise dock from the Whittier cruise ship dock and how difficult is it for someone with a mobility problem? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

I would be hesitant to book without boarding time. Ours is two hours prior. If that is the case it would give you 10 minutes.

The timing is setup so those can do the Philips cruise and then get on a ship. There are a ton of B2B cruisers and cruisers who will be on that sailing on that. Plus, sometimes there are those on Princess land tours who are also on the boat.

It isn't an issue, really.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nordicacres said:

I would be hesitant to book without boarding time. Ours is two hours prior. If that is the case it would give you 10 minutes.

The Phillips 26 Glacier Cruise will probably have well over 90% of the pax from the cruise ship. They know when the ship sails and boarding times, with their future business contingent on getting the pax back aboard in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I feel more comfortable with doing this. We will try to be the first ones off the 26 glacier cruise and I will scope out the way to the cruise terminal before we get on the 26 glacier cruise. 

I have been on the 26 glacier cruise before but not when a ship was in port so never saw how close it is.