Considering Booking A Cunard Cruise...What Should I know?

DCThunder

17 hours ago, MCC retired said:

I believe that airline scheduled flights can only be booked 330 or less days before flight.

It's by airline. So airlines like Delta, United, AA, Emirates are 330 days. BA, Qantas are 355 days. Virgin and KLM are 335 days. Air France used to be 365 days but changed down to 335 days.  Low cost airlines (non members of IATA in other words) tend to do it by blocks, so every few weeks they release another block of flights, and it can be as low as 6 month blocks.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:52 PM, Down-Unders said:

Most important for us is the Library, last time on HAL Library also  was great!

I sailed with 3 small children, so I didn't actually get to read any books but the library itself is a very impressive space.  If you were happy on Princess and HAL, I think you'll be very happy on Cunard.  I think the food is stronger on Cunard than the other lines.   

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 5:17 PM, DCThunder said:

I am considering booking a Cunard sailing in Alaska in June 2024.  I've sailed a lot on Princess and Holland America and would like to experience Cunard.  I've been reading some of the threads here on Cruise Critic and have watched a video or two on Cunard sailings, but am interested in what advice or tips you Cunard veterans might be willing to pass along.

Don't miss the live music that is scattered throughout the ship.  

• Like 2

You will love Cunard but make sure that you dress for the gala nights.  It is so much fun and just gives the ship a glamours feel.  Check out the lecturers that are on board, they are all very interesting.  The library has some amazing seats in front of the windows where you can sit, read and watch the ocean go by.  Enjoy your sailing.

• Like 1