Need Help finding a place a I went to in Roatan, don't know what it's called

love4god

My wife, kids, and I were on a cruise that stopped in Roatan about 6 or 7 years ago.  We hired a private car for the day and went zip lining, saw the monkeys, etc..  Then after that, I said please take us to West Bay so we can snorkel.  The driver said "it's really crowded there, I know a place just as good without many people".  It was amazing.  I don't have the email anymore with his contact info to hire him again, don't remember his name, and can't seem to find this place.  Maybe someone can recognize it.

We pulled into a dirt parking lot near the forest.  We walked a short trail through the woods past an outdoor shower with a couple red doors.  And then we came out to a small clearing to the ocean with stairs leading down into the water. As soon as you walk down the stairs and start snorkeling you are over reef.  It was pretty shallow where it started and got deeper for about maybe 40-60 yards before a deep drop off..  We were in some kind of inlet or bay because it seems like just past the reef, where the water got deep, there was a bit of boat traffic going in and out through that channel.

So, does anyone recognize this place?  Where we were?  Thanks.

Edited by love4god

2 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Sounds like Half Moon Bay near West End Village.  We did the same thing years ago with a Victor Bodden Driver. 

Hey, you could absolutely be right about this.  I don't remember red doors showers but the rest fits really well including the boat traffic.  Good show!!!

If so, the parking lot and stairs belong to Half Moon Bay Resort. 

20 hours ago, Guest 2000 said:

Hey, you could absolutely be right about this.  I don't remember red doors showers but the rest fits really well including the boat traffic.  Good show!!!

If so, the parking lot and stairs belong to Half Moon Bay Resort. 

Yep that's exactly where we went.  My wife sat in a lounge chair under the trees while my kids and I went down those stairs.  It's a beautiful place to snorkel. 

This looks like the place, I think this is it. Thanks!  

We loved the snorkeling here.  I didn't make it to West Bay so I don't know how it compares, I just know there were only a handful of people there and West Bay supposedly was mobbed that day (from reports of people at our dinner table that night).

Are the snorkel trips out to the blue channel significantly better for snorkeling than from the shore?  Or should we stick to just walking in and snorkeling?