Champagne

jeter55

We will be receiving a complimentary bottle of champagne with our AMEX card, can we have this chilled and served in one of the outside lounges. On a previous cruise with Silversea our butler arrranged for it to be stored and served from one of the outside lounges/bars.

15 minutes ago, jeter55 said:

We will be receiving a complimentary bottle of champagne with our AMEX card, can we have this chilled and served in one of the outside lounges. On a previous cruise with Silversea our butler arrranged for it to be stored and served from one of the outside lounges/bars.

Yes.

FWIW, the Amex Plat “Cruise Privileges” program for Seabourn has typically gotten us OBC + a bottle of revenue wine (not champagne), but it’s not combinable with some promotions including referral bonus.  It’s a great program but has some catches and varies by cruise line.

Edited by johng75370

On 1/15/2024 at 7:38 AM, jeter55 said:

SB has unlimited champagne.  Is AMEX offering something other SB’s basic (currently Montaudon) as I haven’t seen any such offer?  But suffice to say, you can have champagne on SB anywhere you like on the ship. Just ask.`Full bottle on ice or by the glass.

Edited by Hobar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hobar said:

Is AMEX offering something other SB’s basic (currently Montaudon)

The Amex “Cruise Privileges Program” gives both OBC ($300 for Plat card, $500 for Centurion), plus a gift unique to each line.  For Silversea it’s a bottles on Dom Perignon, and for Seabourn it’s a bottle of revenue wine.  We’ve gotten wines that seem to be in low end of revenue wines (~$60), but it’s still a nice perk.  I think it’s changed over time but I believe that is the current offer.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johng75370 said:

The Amex “Cruise Privileges Program” gives both OBC ($300 for Plat card, $500 for Centurion), plus a gift unique to each line.  For Silversea it’s a bottles on Dom Perignon, and for Seabourn it’s a bottle of revenue wine.  We’ve gotten wines that seem to be in low end of revenue wines (~$60), but it’s still a nice perk.  I think it’s changed over time but I believe that is the current offer.  

Thank you.  I know about the program, but not that it included any revenue wine or champagne.  Hmmm.  Have to follow up on that.  Thx.

31 minutes ago, Hobar said:

included any revenue wine or champagne.

Here's a link to the program; looks like they dropped the wine for SB; SS still has the DP, and Crystal gets excursion credits:  https://www.americanexpress.com/icc/cards/benefits/travel/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

We used it couple years ago, but didn't last year; we were getting SB referral credit and the Amex benefit was not combinable with it.  Couple years ago we got a bottle of Ridge zinfandel + $300 OBC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1