Confirmation from Carnival for final payment

I've always used a travel agent to pay off my final balance but I have two cruises where I did not use the travel agent and booked on my own.

Today I paid off one of the cruises with gift cards.  In fact it was $13 more than the balance.  I took a screen shot of my planner accepting the gift cards but there was no confirmation nor an email confirmation.  I refreshed my browser and it still said I owed the balance which I just paid.

Does it take awhile to record these payments and will I get a final bill saying the cruise is paid in full and will I get credited back the $13 to a gift card?

Did you go into your invoice detail page or just look at the balance (where you make a payment) page?  The invoice detail page should show paid in full and you can take a snapshot of that I guess.  At the very least you should get a payment made confirm email.  

When I have used gift cards there was two parts to the payment. The first they accepted the gift cards then I had to push another button for them to apply. Check the balance on your cards. If they took them for payment they will have a zero balance. The only that had $13 more should have a $13 balance as they don't let you pay more then your balance. 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.  I went back on line and readded the gift certificates.  It now said I have a 0 balance but I just noticed I did not press the submit button.  Now it says my balance is paid in full.  

Again am deeply thankful to you all 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.  I went back on line and readded the gift certificates.  It now said I have a 0 balance but I just noticed I did not press the submit button.  Now it says my balance is paid in full.  

Again am deeply thankful to you all 

Glad you got it sorted out. Safe travels- enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1