Samsung S24 for Aurora Photography

I am planning to get one of the new Samsung S24 phones to use on my Viking Aurora cruise.  Has anyone used one of the late model Samsung phones for this purpose.  Any thoughts.  I will also be taking my Sony 6400 with a fast wide angle lens so I will not be totally dependent on the cell phone.

DON

I have no personal experience with any smart phone aurora photography, but after a quick Internet search I learned that most likely you want to use some sort of tripod with a phone holder as you generally want to use exposure times measured in seconds and that isn't optimal for hand held shots as usually you don't want to combine creative ICM techniques with aurora photography.

3 minutes ago, Hezu said:

I have no personal experience with any smart phone aurora photography, but after a quick Internet search I learned that most likely you want to use some sort of tripod with a phone holder as you generally want to use exposure times measured in seconds and that isn't optimal for hand held shots as usually you don't want to combine creative ICM techniques with aurora photography.

I am already set up for a good support for my cell phone.  

DON

• 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.353bf8b64a1e537fb397499916719de0.jpeg

This was taken with my Samsung S22 taken with the night mode, handheld.  I also had my 6600 with a wide lens.  I forgot my tripod (really) and took most of them with the camera on the ground with a long exposure.

image.thumb.jpeg.5019890f25a80ff2d1d12d83b08701ac.jpeg

Vic

• Like 1