Can One Side of D2D be Deleted?

Gourmet Gal

Just made final payment on a D2D cruise ending in Barcelona.  When we booked the SS Barcelona hotel was not our typical level of lodging that we prefer but was quite acceptable and in a great location.  We added on 2 nights.  Now the hotel has been changed to a corporate business style hotel that has pretty bad reviews and is located next to the cruise terminal.  Not desirable at all.  Has anyone had luck maintaining the D2D for the outbound but cancelled or not booked the transportation and hotel on the return?  We think we’d rather have our TA book something that has some perks.

Thanks for the reply.  I’m understanding this better now.  We’re planning to cancel the final hotel and do our own thing in Barcelona.which will include Virtuoso benefits.

What I really don’t like is how  SS waited until final payment was made to change to an inferior hotel.

I cannot tell what the SS hotel is. 

Independent from that issue, we stayed in the Eurostars Marina. Superb location, (one SS cruise started literally downstairs, another a short taxi ride away), large room, friendly staff, awesome breakfast.  I think we were in a junior suite.  Booked through hotel website. 

You wouldn’t go wrong with that choice.