5 shirts

4 bottoms

3 dresses

3 shoes

2 swim suits

1 layer

1 tote bag

1 large silk scarf 

I wash my clothes in the sink while I’m in the shower with no rinse detergent. I typically bring 6 pairs of underwear no matter the length of the trip and 3 bras. This is what I consider the minimum amount of clothes to travel comfortably for myself but the formula works for me. I can’t image bringing 2 suitcases worth of stuff especially if I had to share my room, where do you fit it all.

When we drive to a port, we do 2 personal bags, 2 carry-on bags, and one bag which would equal a small check-in bag at an airport. this is one of the great perks of driving and parking which has been mentioned,  I really enjoy no baggage limits or considerations.

This allows us to do absolutely no laundry onboard with fresh clothes everyday. I have a fabulous washer/dryer at home which handles it all when our cruise is over (and Dry Cleaners for any formal wear).

Everyone has their style of traveling and cruising. I am studying everyone's take on this subject. You have to do you and what works for you.

As far as delaying anyone boarding or leaving because of luggage, in the big scheme of things, I find this insignificant.

For instance, you can be the first person off in Bayonne, NJ, on the Oasis, and spend 90 minutes trying to get out of the parking lot with or without taking your luggage with you from your cabin.

You can have the porters handle your luggage completely and wait 40 minutes for a shuttle or taxi.

Should there be someone in a wheel chair who is slowing me down, it reminds me to be grateful that I do not need one yet and celebrate that someone is still able to do another vacation. Someday, I might be in that wheelchair and I hope that those who I slow down are patient and courteous knowing I have no other alternative. That cruise in a wheelchair might be the last one I have before I stop cruising. It might be the best memory I talk about for years.

Carry-on luggage should not be much of an emotional topic as it is almost inconsequential in the big scheme of life.

• Like 3

Met a traveler prior to a transit of the Panama Canal, she had two suitcases. Casual conversation with her accidentally discovered the suitcases were packed with books and one extra set of underwear. I can't verify the underwear issue, but I can verify that we never saw her in any other clothes then the one dress she was wearing when we originally met.

To each their own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Met a traveler prior to a transit of the Panama Canal, she had two suitcases. Casual conversation with her accidentally discovered the suitcases were packed with books and one extra set of underwear ... 

Two suitcases with (almost) nothing but books?  Someone needs to tell that woman about Kindles!  I bring 2000+ books on every cruise; I can hold them in one hand.  

On 2/2/2024 at 10:33 PM, Qextor said:

My carry on list, for a week:

1 jacket

2 light light hooded jackets

8-9 tshirts.

1 pair of jeans

1 pair of pants

8-9 pairs of underwear

8-9 pairs of socks.

1 pair of pyjamas

2 swimsuits

1 dress, with a light sweater and dressy sandals.

The rest of  my stuff (meds, sunglasses, phones/charge cords, etc) all fits in my backpack, which is small enough to be considered a personal item.  I like keeping my stuff with me, and lugging it around is better than the worry that it will go missing.

fully agree ... its only an inconvenience to carry it around for a short while and you at least know you will have you chosen clothes to wear for your holiday.