Secret bathroom night light on Vista?

zteamtwo

I was watching a Youtube video about Concierge cabin on Vista and they mentioned a "night light" switch.  There is a switch on both sides of the bed that has a green light on it.  Press the switch and a small, I believe blue light, comes on at the bathroom entrance.  Very cool. We have been on a few Oceania ships and I don't recall this.  Maybe someone on board Vista could elaborate.  Is it in all cabins on Vista?

• Like 1

If I remember on the Riviera last year the remodeled bathroom had a night light under the sink when you opened the door 

Edited by Acrusa

We were recently in a PH cabin on Regatta and I was surprised to find that a blue light was on in the bathroom at night.  We had no control over this -- no switch to operate, but it was nice that this feature exists because it meant that no one needed to switch on the bathroom light during the night if they needed to use the facilities, particularly since the switch is located outside the door.  

Blue light above entrance to bathroom and also light below sink. They work in sync. 

The switch for these dual lights is next to bed indicated by a green dot.

E8BBC9A5-F954-40CD-9882-8845F1013B64.jpeg

B00A08C9-CD8D-4482-A089-D67AF4EB0C40.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

I switched it off, it was too bright!

On Vista last month, we also found the blue "nightlight" in the hallway outside the bathroom way too bright. Couldn't sleep with that on. However, the vanity mirror light in the bathroom is dimmable. We found that putting that on its lowest setting before bed was a perfect night light. We didn't need a light in the small hallway leading to the bathroom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

On Vista last month, we also found the blue "nightlight" in the hallway outside the bathroom way too bright. Couldn't sleep with that on. However, the vanity mirror light in the bathroom is dimmable. We found that putting that on its lowest setting before bed was a perfect night light. We didn't need a light in the small hallway leading to the bathroom. 

We did the same as you noted here. 

• Like 1

What a shame! They have gone to the trouble of adding an ‘extra’ on the new ship but just maybe didn’t think it through thoroughly.

Seabourn have ‘nightlights’ in the hallway but they only switch on as you pass by and switch off as you get back into bed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

It is a great feature but it took me a while to figure it out!! 😉 🙂

• Like 1

Ok. On board Vista now. Will have good and bad comments about Vista later. Regarding night light, yes, blue light is too bright. Just dim the mirror light in bathroom (press and hold the switch at bottom of mirror). Then just leave the door open 1-2 inches. That's all you need. 

We found it too.  It was fine for me, but too bright for my wife. I did love the lights under the cabinets in the bathroom, though.  If only the blue light was a tad dimmer, it would help.

• Like 1