Mexican Riveria- Firenze or Radiance?

Hi all! My husband and I are looking to fly from Florida to do a short Mexican Riveria cruise out of Long Beach. We are eyeing the Firenze (Sunday thru Thursday) or Victory (Monday thru Friday) cruise. The Firenze spends two days in Ensenada and the Radiance is one day at Catalina Island and one day at Ensenada. We have not been to either. Would you choose one over the other? Both are in similar price ranges so that is not a deciding factor.  Any reviews on Catalina Island or Ensenada? We are open to bar hopping, eating, beaching, sight-seeing- really anything! Help us out. 

We very much enjoy the 'Catalina run' as I call it now having done it 3 times during periods when we're out in that area for other reasons. And as @pinto18 suggested, I'd recommend that you either consider a Firenze 5 night (Cabo & Ensenada) or an even longer 6/7 night cruise on Panorama UNLESS you have other reasons for making the long cross-country flight such as visiting family or friends. It's just too far to fly, in my opinion, simply to take a modest 4 night cruise. I'd tell a Californian the same thing if he/she was flying all the way to Miami only to sail to Nassau. 

Edited by jsglow

1 hour ago, sunset785 said:

Hi all! My husband and I are looking to fly from Florida to do a short Mexican Riveria cruise out of Long Beach. We are eyeing the Firenze (Sunday thru Thursday) or Victory (Monday thru Friday) cruise. The Firenze spends two days in Ensenada and the Radiance is one day at Catalina Island and one day at Ensenada. We have not been to either. Would you choose one over the other? Both are in similar price ranges so that is not a deciding factor.  Any reviews on Catalina Island or Ensenada? We are open to bar hopping, eating, beaching, sight-seeing- really anything! Help us out. 

Hopefully, you'll be doing some sightseeing or other things in California because that is a long flight just for a short cruise.

• Like 1

Neither of those runs are “Mexican riveria”

They just go to Ensenada (because it’s required)

I WISH the radiance went and did the 7 night Mexican riveria cruise! It has Shaq’s big chicken!

• Like 1

What time of year? It will most likely be cold in Long Beach, Catalina and Ensenada December through February. We did the Radiance last January and the seas were too rough to tender in Catalina which was a big disappointment. The Spring also has iffy weather offshore with the annual June Gloom being the worst in May and June. The best time for this cruise is summer and fall and I would choose the Firenze over Radiance, it is bigger, newer and has a lot more dining and entertainment options. Have you considered doing the 5 or 6 day that goes to Cabo too? The weather and water are both warmer the further South you go. The Pacific Ocean off the coast of California is very cold year round. The Panorama is by far our favorite ship out here, she does a 6 day with two days in Cabo. Have fun whatever you choose! 

Edited by LaRue1975