Just off Muse

drkitkat123

3 hours ago, LAexNY said:

That has been the usual practice on every cruise line we have been on.

I was about to say. I can say the same thing about every single cruise line I’ve ever been on from Cunard to Seabourn to Regent to Crystal and on and on and on. 

11 minutes ago, MuseCruiser said:

I was about to say. I can say the same thing about every single cruise line I’ve ever been on from Cunard to Seabourn to Regent to Crystal and on and on and on. 

And in many 5* luxury hotels I’ve been to as well 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 4:06 PM, wencel said:

I also got bored with the food. There's not enough variety and adventure with menus on these ships. I would think a large portion of passengers on these cruise lines are seasoned travelers who would appreciate more creativity and stronger flavors.

I have seen two types of people who like food.  The first are people who want traditional preparations done really well.  The second are those who want creativity and non traditional preparations.   Every one of the eight cruise lines I have sailed with - from mainstream to luxury - has focused on the first group.  So I can understand why passengers whose focus is creative preparations are disappointed by the food on their ship.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, drkitkat123 said:

and another thing was the spa. I did not use it but my DW did and she and another couple independently said the same thing - there was constant pressure to upsell/add-on their treatments to more expensive options to the extent that it was not relaxing.....

This is true for spas in cruise ships everywhere.  The 'upsell' spiels are a requirement of the company providing the service (Canyon Ranch, Steiner, whoever), though I suspect there are spiffs involved for the employees as well.  Would Elemis even be in business if not for cruise lines?  Well, yeah, I guess it would, but ...

Our overall experience is that the Steiner spas tend to be less expensive for services, but tougher on the upsell side vs. Canyon Ranch.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:46 PM, jpalbny said:

Caviargal! Haven't seen you on the forums in seemingly forever. Welcome back and glad to see you again.

Thank you!  I have a few ocean cruises booked this year so I'm back 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 12:11 AM, MuseCruiser said:

It is why I stopped getting massages on ships. So frustrating, even when you tell them you are not interested.