How is dining currently working on the Celebration?

My family and I will be sailing on the celebration for the first time this weekend. We will have Anytime dining but have recently heard that you can only eat in each restaurant once and would be charged for going additional times. Is this correct? We are hoping to eat at ChiBang and Cucina Del Capitano more than once but don't want to incur extra fees.

Also if this is the case, does it just count for lunches and are we able to eat their multiple times for dinners without Anytime dining?

Lunch doesn't count as it is always free.The first time is free for dinner and only $8 per person after that. We ate at Chibang twice on the Mardi Gras and were charged the second time. My niece was not charged as she is 4 and ate off the kids menu. 

I think Anytime/Your time dining only applies to the MDR? 

The MDR would always be included every night, unless you're ordering off the Steakhous Selects menu or whatever it's called, in which case there's an upcharge.

Apart from that from what I understand it would only be dinner where there would be a charge after your first visit.

Of course, the specialty restaurants like the Steakhouse, Rudy's Seagrill, Teppenyaki, etc. will always have a charge. I believe it is only ChiBang and Cucina Del Capitano that includes your first visit at no charge (dinner).

Edited by bg2310

28 minutes ago, bg2310 said:

The MDR would always be included every night, unless you're ordering off the Steakhous Selects menu or whatever it's called, in which case there's an upcharge.

Apart from that from what I understand it would only be dinner where there would be a charge after your first visit.

Of course, the specialty restaurants like the Steakhouse, Rudy's Seagrill, Teppenyaki, etc. will always have a charge. I believe it is only ChiBang and Cucina Del Capitano that includes your first visit at no charge (dinner).

On the Excel Class ships your YTD dining room is the MDR, Chibang Or Cucina. You can select whichever is first available or one specifically when checking in on the app. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

On the Excel Class ships your YTD dining room is the MDR, Chibang Or Cucina. You can select whichever is first available or one specifically when checking in on the app. 

Nice, I will be sailing on the Celebration in April so this is good to know!

On all the cruises I've done with Carnival so far, YTD only applied to the MDR.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bg2310 said:

Guys Pig n Anchor is also included, or at least was when we sailed on Celebration last year.

14 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

we were on Celebration in early December and had YTD.

we were able to check in for Chibang and Cucina as soon as the restaurants opend, however those without YTD had to wait until 7:30 to check in I believe.

And the second visit to Chibang and Cucina are $8 per person for dinner as stated above, even if you have YTD

8 hours ago, illinoisfive said:

we were on Celebration in early December and had YTD.

we were able to check in for Chibang and Cucina as soon as the restaurants opend, however those without YTD had to wait until 7:30 to check in I believe.

And the second visit to Chibang and Cucina are $8 per person for dinner as stated above, even if you have YTD

Thanks for the information. That's disappointing to hear that you can eat in any of the restaurants with anytime dining but that you get charged for it after your first visit.