Carnival won't let me upgrade my room?

There is still a lot of rooms left on our Mardi Gras cruise leaving in 58 days. I wanted to upgrade to a Excel Suite from an aft extended balcony.. There is 2 of us. One of the suites is available if I put in 4 guests instead of 2. I called and offered to pay the difference. They said not at this time. ??? What? 

There are a bunch of front corner excel suites left for 2 people. But the one I want is on the side, so less windy.

Anyone know why they would say no? They could rebook my room in a heartbeat.

Edited by Drrandall

They are hoping to sell that suite to 4 people instead of 2 where they make more money. At this point, you'd have to take one of the suites for 2 people or wait to see if they are willing to sell it to you closer to the sailing.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Suite customers are the big spenders on board, so they want four of them instead of just two. Now that might change right before sailing if the it is still empty.

Still odd cause the front corner suites are about the same cost.  They hold 4

You can check regularly yourself by doing a mock booking. First put in 4 people just to make sure that the cabin you want hasn't been booked by a party of 4. If it shows available then do a mock booking for 2 people. If that cabin shows up as available then call Carnival ASAP to upgrade to it. It's not at all unusual for Carnival to open up cabins that hold  3 or 4 to smaller parties as the cruise gets closer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HeidiHo said:

You can check regularly yourself by doing a mock booking. First put in 4 people just to make sure that the cabin you want hasn't been booked by a party of 4. If it shows available then do a mock booking for 2 people. If that cabin shows up as available then call Carnival ASAP to upgrade to it. It's not at all unusual for Carnival to open up cabins that hold  3 or 4 to smaller parties as the cruise gets closer.

I do that every day. Lol. I was originally going to upgrade to an aft Corner excel suite. Was available an hour before I got off work. I called right when I got off and someone swooped it up. Right now there is 5 front excel corner suites. I'll take one of those if I can't get that one I want

25 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm sure it's about the money. So book it for four people and have two no shows.

It's a little high at $7400 at the moment. Gonna see what happens in the next week or 2. Good idea though. Thanks

4 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Pretty simple, would you want to sell a room that fits 4 to only 2 people?  It doesn't make financial sense because there are always people looking for 4 person cabins.

Well. The corner front Excell suites hold 4. And they are available for the 2 of us.  So what's the difference? Maybe the midship ones are just more desirable. 

Edited by Drrandall