American Express Platinum Le Bistro dinner

Does anyone know if American Express has done away with the Le Bistro dinner offer? I can't seem to find any information on American Express's website about it. I can still find the OBC that's offered but no mention of the free dinner. We cruised in late September and the dinner was offered to us, but with our next two bookings, the only thing showing up is the OBC. Although I know in the past, the dinner never showed on the confirmation. Our travel agent said when he called American Express, they only told him about the OBC, but if I can find somewhere online mentioning the dinner, then he will call them back and ask for it.

9 minutes ago, happilytorn said:

Does anyone know if American Express has done away with the Le Bistro dinner offer? I can't seem to find any information on American Express's website about it. I can still find the OBC that's offered but no mention of the free dinner. We cruised in late September and the dinner was offered to us, but with our next two bookings, the only thing showing up is the OBC. Although I know in the past, the dinner never showed on the confirmation. Our travel agent said when he called American Express, they only told him about the OBC, but if I can find somewhere online mentioning the dinner, then he will call them back and ask for it.

They still offer it.  used it in October and will again in two weeks in the Prima!

Thanks! I had a feeling it's still there - they just didn't mention it. I don't think they could have applied just the OBC and not the dinner so I think we'll be OK. 

Edited by happilytorn

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

They still offer it.  used it in October and will again in two weeks in the Prima!

I found this, but nothing about specialty restaurants

https://www.icruise.com/cruise-lines/norwegian-cruise-line-american-express-benefits.html#:~:text=Pay for your next cruise,and receive these additional benefits.&text=%24100 - %24300 Shipboard Credit per,premium wine or assorted canapes.

Edited by scoobee

Well....it must be a very recent omission because I booked my upcoming cruise about 5-6 months ago, and am sailing in two weeks.  And, it shows up as a dinner and a bottle of wine at a "French" restaurant, in addition to the OBC.  

The only French Restaurant on NCL is LeBistro!

Maybe AMEX quit offering that part of the perk!

The extra benefit has always shown as "Exclusive amenities unique to each cruise line, such as premium wine or assorted canapes".  For NCL it is dining at a French restaurant.  Varies for other lines, Oceania was a bottle of wine (good quality).  

Have had it for every cruise that was eligible.  Sometimes it cannot be combined with other benefits.  We have had free onboard gratuities that excluded the AMEX Platinum cruise benefit.