Help in deciding hotel/transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral and things to see and do before and after cruise

snorkler8

My head is spinning trying to decide details on this trip.  I'm used to just driving to Galveston for a cruise, but DS and DIL chose a cruise out of Florida. (Graduation trip).  Sooooo

We will arrive late Saturday night into MCO.  The cruise leaves Monday, we get back Friday am, flight home is Saturday late afternoon...

I can't decide if we want to stay in Orlando until we leave for the cruise (one way car rental to the port, which I read on here took HOURS to return and get the shuttle to the port) -OR- get to a hotel near the port and find things to do until the cruise (uber to hotel from the airport as well as morning of the cruise to the port)

Then I have to figure out what to do when we get off the cruise and have Friday and Saturday to see things before we go home. 

What do you suggest?!!

On 1/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, snorkler8 said:

My head is spinning trying to decide details on this trip.  I'm used to just driving to Galveston for a cruise, but DS and DIL chose a cruise out of Florida. (Graduation trip).  Sooooo

We will arrive late Saturday night into MCO.  The cruise leaves Monday, we get back Friday am, flight home is Saturday late afternoon...

I can't decide if we want to stay in Orlando until we leave for the cruise (one way car rental to the port, which I read on here took HOURS to return and get the shuttle to the port) -OR- get to a hotel near the port and find things to do until the cruise (uber to hotel from the airport as well as morning of the cruise to the port)

Then I have to figure out what to do when we get off the cruise and have Friday and Saturday to see things before we go home. 

What do 

On 1/19/2024 at 6:34 PM, snorkler8 said:

What do you suggest?!!

check with GoPort.  They have packages that will include your hotel and all of your transportation.  One package and you are done worrying..l😎

Edited by GTO-Girl

20 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

check with GoPort.  They have packages that will include your hotel and all of your transportation.  One package and you are done worrying..l😎

Thank you.  I will check them out!

• Like 1

We sail in March and have decided to use Cruise Control private transfer to our Hotel.  We have also chosen to fly in on Thursday and are staying at Springhill Suites Cape Canaveral for two nights.  A shuttle hop on hop off type) runs all day long with a stop near our hotel. We will use that to head down to Cocoa Beach and sightsee on our own.  

Post cruise we are taking the excursion to KSC with airport drop off.