Gaudi specific Barcelona tours

We generally explore on our own, but since Gaudi architecture is spread all over Barcelona, I'm thinking that a tour would be good.  It would have to be small group and I'm looking for suggestions.  I'd consider a private guide, but that may be beyond our budget.  This is for mid-May.

I would think that moving from one Gaudi site to another would also give us a glimpse of the city.  We have another day to explore on our own.  Does anyone have specific recommendations for tour companies or guides to check out?  Thanks in advance.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:11 PM, mlmdaisy said:

Does anyone have specific recommendations for tour companies or guides to check out?

If you cannot find a company or guide, you could try as suggested below.

We did that tour but on our own, walking between sights when the distance was short,(most of the time) using the metro, a bus or a taxi to get from one to another if more distant.  You could try searching something like "self guided (walking?)Gaudi tour Barcelona" or similar. Also try eg, Gypsmycity. Once you read what would be involved in exploring independently, you could make a decision.

• Thanks 1

Yes, thank you, we usually do explore on our own an avoid group tours.  We need to be very efficient with our time, which is limited.   I can't walk for distances; we could depend upon taxis.  At this point I'd be happy with a short list of the best sites to visit, so I can map them out.  I will try searching for walking tours; sometimes adding a word to a search makes a huge difference.  Very helpful, thanks again!

We used Barcelona Day Tours although as a caveat it was several years ago. The tour had maybe 8 or 10 people on it and they had a large comfortable van which we could also store our luggage in.

We had stops at the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and others with lots of commentary and sights pointed out along the way. Was great.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

@mlmdaisy

The Casa Batllo and Casa Mila (La Pedrera) are 3 blocks from each other on the Passeig de Gracia. You can get tickets on their websites. I would get tickets to Batllo and walk over to La Pedrera after your visit and get tickets there.  You don't need a guide. They have audio guides.  

Also, you can sign up for a guided tour on the Sagrada Familia website.  You don't say how how many days you have, only that you have a short time, but I would book this one first thing in the morning and then Casa Batllo about 2.5 to 3 hours later. Taxis are abundant and very reasonable.

If you have time, visit the Palau Guell, Gaudi's first residential work.  It is on a side street (Caller Nou de La Rambla) about one block from the sea end of Las Ramblas. It also has a website.  It is a fascinating house and it doesn't have the number of visitors of the others.

The Park Guell involves a lot of walking.

If you are interested in walking tours, Runner Bean has a good "free" tour of the Gothic Quarter.  It starts about 3 blocks away from Palau Guell.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the above.  The tour agency wants 200 euros pp for four hours, without entry fees.  That's much more than I imagined.  We may have to piece it together ourselves.

We land early morning the first day, should be out of the airport before 10 AM.  We may be exhausted, but we will use that day.  Then we have the next morning, don't know yet when we board our ship, probably mid afternoon.

@mlmdaisy

With your schedule you could book a Sagrada Familia tour or regular admission for 12:30.  After that you can take a taxi to Casa Batllo and buy your tickets there. Admire the Passeig the Gracia and if you are not too tired, visit to La Pedrera.  At least, look at it from outside. You can visit La Pedrera or the Palau Guell next morning.

You don't need to pay 200 euros. It is very easy to do on your own.  Just add the audioguides to the entry fees. The audiogides are very good. The SF's own tour is the best and it costs 30 euros including admission.  Regular admission with no tour is 26 euros.

sagradafamilia.org/en

casabatllo.es/en

lapedrera.com/en

inici.palauguell.cat/en

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

Thank you for the additional help.  I'm sure it's excellent, but a four hour tour amounting to more than 300 euros (with admissions) pp is way out of our budget.

I don't get it. I am saying not to take the tour and to visit the places on your own. I was giving you suggestions on how "to piece it together" as you wanted. You do not need a tour. Buy the entry tickets directly from the websites.  A taxi would cost you under 10 euros between those sites.  From Batllo to Mila is a five minute walk.

But, whatever.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

You misunderstood me.  I am taking the advice to tour independently and I appreciate the details.  There is no way that I would pay that much for four hours. 

You are right, I did read it wrong. 

Enjoy Barcelona.