Debark in BALI/Benoa ~

cruisehabits

Good day to all ~

To those that have cruised Celebrity and your final port of call for disembarking the ship was Bali/Benoa......from experience what time of day would you consider onward travel to book a domestic flight from DPS to another destination in Indonesia?

I have read that the debark process is a REAL mess in Bali.....is this true from your personal experiences?

Thanks you for your replies and safe travels to all! 🙂

We just got off two weeks ago and the debark in Bali was easy.  The debark time was delayed by about 30 minutes.  Make sure that you figure out your taxi/transportation ahead of time.  We choose a taxi driver that was by the port as we left.  We negotiated a price and the driver wanted more when we got out of the taxi.  Blue Taxi is reputable.  Our driver was not.  He did not have a meter...

The airport is roughly 30 minute drive away.  It is not very far,  but traffic ...

If I recall correctly,  we also had to show a UPC code to get off.  The ship will give you the instructions ...

But wait...  I would highly recommend that you spend several nights in Bali in a nice 5 star hotel on the beach sipping coconut milk from the coconut and eating sea bass cooked to perfection.  The price of everything in Bali is very inexpensive and the service is very good.

I would recommend the same for Singapore (pricing there is similar to US) ...

For our cruise the pre and post cruise resort stays were the highlight of the cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller

I talked to the hotel concierge about getting a taxi from the hotel to the airport.  She mentioned that the week before traffic was a nightmare going to the airport and coming from due to the holidays.  I believe that people were getting out of their taxi and walking as it was faster.  Perhaps this is what you were referring to.  Our ride to the airport in the morning was easy and uneventful.

However our rides to LAX took us 1.5 hours to get in and 1.5 hours to get out...  We walked part of the way to get to our terminal...

The Bali airport is a nice airport.

Edited by NMTraveller

15 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I talked to the hotel concierge about getting a taxi from the hotel to the airport.  She mentioned that the week before traffic was a nightmare going to the airport and coming from due to the holidays.  I believe that people were getting out of their taxi and walking as it was faster.  Perhaps this is what you were referring to.  Our ride to the airport in the morning was easy and uneventful.

However our rides to LAX took us 1.5 hours to get in and 1.5 hours to get out...  We walked part of the way to get to our terminal...

The Bali airport is a nice airport.

Thank you for your response, advice and insight!.....did you fly out of DPS the day of debark?...if so, what time?

Also...thank you for the suggestions of trip extensions.  We have stayed in Singapore and Bali on previous occasions.  We just spent 2 months in Indonesia this past summer and 3.5 weeks of it was in Bali.  You are right!....it is awesome there and very affordable.

I have never been on a cruise that has debarked in Bali/Benoa and have plans to travel other destinations in Indonesia after our cruise.....just wondering what time would be a the best window to consider.  I believe I will book a 1/130p flight for onward domestic travel and that should be "safe".  If we have to hang at the airport for a few hours....I can deal with that rather than being rushed to make a flight or miss one.

Thanks again!.....safe travels to all!  🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruisehabits said:

Thank you for your response, advice and insight!.....did you fly out of DPS the day of debark?...if so, what time?

Also...thank you for the suggestions of trip extensions.  We have stayed in Singapore and Bali on previous occasions.  We just spent 2 months in Indonesia this past summer and 3.5 weeks of it was in Bali.  You are right!....it is awesome there and very affordable.

I have never been on a cruise that has debarked in Bali/Benoa and have plans to travel other destinations in Indonesia after our cruise.....just wondering what time would be a the best window to consider.  I believe I will book a 1/130p flight for onward domestic travel and that should be "safe".  If we have to hang at the airport for a few hours....I can deal with that rather than being rushed to make a flight or miss one.

Thanks again!.....safe travels to all!  🙂

No we did not fly out the day of debark.  We stayed for 3 nights.  We did go to the airport in the morning 3 days later and board a flight.  Getting through the airport was efficient and easy.

A noon departure or later should give you plenty of time.  A 1/130P even more.

• Like 1