Escape Haven cabin on deck with the spa and fitness center - any noise issues?

benel204

Hello,

We are considering a Haven cabin on 16th deck which is on the same floor as the spa and fitness center.

Wondering about noise? Any experience?

What about ship movement that far forward? Tolerable?

Also, wondering how else to creatively use the "space" taken up the corner whirlpool tub (which we won't use). Would prefer to have a small sofa there like the cabins on the floor above (which are more $$ though).

Thanks for any input.

• Like 1

If the fitness center was above you, you would risk hearing the treadmills and weights dropping.  You shouldn't have a noise issue being on the same floor.  If you are prone to motion sickness, take something to prevent it.  Doesn't really matter where you are on a ship if you are one who gets seasick.  That being said, yes, the higher and more forward one is, the more obvious the motion.  Yet the Haven always sails full, so people do find the motion tolerable.  We had a Haven spa cabin once, and agree, the lack of seating due to the in room hot tub is an issue.  I would never book that again as I want a place to comfortably sit during the day other than on the bed.  I don't know what you mean by creatively using the space since it's not like you can request a sofa or fill the tub with pillows lol.

21 hours ago, gizfish said:

We had a Haven spa cabin once, and agree, the lack of seating due to the in room hot tub is an issue.  I would never book that again as I want a place to comfortably sit during the day other than on the bed.  I don't know what you mean by creatively using the space since it's not like you can request a sofa or fill the tub with pillows lol.

Thanks gizfish, for your thoughts.  I was thinking that we could go up to the Haven lounge for seating on a sofa or chair to read. I wonder about the 2 chairs in the room.  They don't look like they'd be too comfortable.

Regarding how to use the tub space, at a minimum we will use it to store dirty clothes I guess. It's a lot of wasted space for us.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, benel204 said:

Hello,

We are considering a Haven cabin on 16th deck which is on the same floor as the spa and fitness center.

Wondering about noise? Any experience?

What about ship movement that far forward? Tolerable?

Also, wondering how else to creatively use the "space" taken up the corner whirlpool tub (which we won't use). Would prefer to have a small sofa there like the cabins on the floor above (which are more $$ though).

Thanks for any input.

My wife and I had a Haven Spa Cabin on the Getaway last year. Our cabin was located right across from and interior crew stairway. The door would slam closed every time one of the crew members went in and out. It was mostly used between 6-10pm. Thats the only complaint about that location. The tub work great for leaving our wet / damp bathing suites and snorkeling gear in

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I had a Haven Spa Cabin on the Getaway last year. Our cabin was located right across from and interior crew stairway. The door would slam closed every time one of the crew members went in and out. It was mostly used between 6-10pm. Thats the only complaint about that location. The tub work great for leaving our wet / damp bathing suites and snorkeling gear in

Thanks for sharing Laszlo.  While I don't anticipate we'll do much swimming on this Med cruise (too cool in May for the ports), that's a great idea.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, benel204 said:

Thanks for sharing Laszlo.  While I don't anticipate we'll do much swimming on this Med cruise (too cool in May for the ports), that's a great idea.

We tried the tub once, it was OK but it took forever to fill up. We also have a hot tub at home

5 hours ago, Laszlo said:

We tried the tub once, it was OK but it took forever to fill up. We also have a hot tub at home

We have a whirlpool tub at home as well, which we use at most 3x a year. Not tub people.😅

4 hours ago, benel204 said:

We have a whirlpool tub at home as well, which we use at most 3x a year. Not tub people.😅

I'm in our hot tub 3-4 days a week, the winter is the best

• Like 1