Booking fitness classes?

Neamster

I purchased the $99 fitness pass, but have no info as to what this means. Are there bookable classes? Do you need to sign up in advance, and is there usually space? How do you find out when and where? I’m thinking Pilates, yoga, strength, etc. We board the QV on Monday Jan 22 and have received advice that if I don’t sign up well ahead, may be out of luck, but cannot find a signup opportunity anywhere.

I'm probably the last person who should be commenting on this since I've never done anything having to do with fitness classes. But to get the discussion started, I can tell you what I'm seeing and what has been listed in daily programmes I have from QM2.

When I'm in My Cunard and request "See details" for the "Unlimited Class Pass (8+ days)", it briefly displays this message before switching to the screen to purchase the pass.

"Please contact Mareel spa reception on board to book this treatment."

Here's what I see listed within the "Fitness" category in an online brochure for the Mareel Spa services.

Slow Flow Yoga     45 min     $15
Full Cycle     45 min     $15
HIIT Reboot     45 min     $15
Total Tone Pilates     45 min     $15
Unlimited Class Pass     $99

Here's what I see listed within the Mareel Wellness and Beauty section of daily programmes from two recent transatlantic crossings on QM2. The schedule was identical for the crossings in both directions.

Day 1: (Embarkation Day)

Day 2: 8.00am Slow Flow Yoga - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

Day 3: 8.00am Total Tone Pilates - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

Day 4: 8.00am HIIT Reboot - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

Day 5: 8.00am Slow Flow Yoga - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

Day 6: 8.00am Total Tone Pilates - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

Day 7: 8.00am HIIT Reboot - Queens Room, Deck 3 ($)

I hope this is of some help. Someone who has actually taken the fitness classes will need to answer your questions about booking the classes (presumably done on board at spa reception), how full the classes are, whether they offer more classes than the one pre day indicated in my QM2 daily programmes, and whether there are any differences with the class offerings on QV.

On a QV trip leaving 7 January 2024, I can see these in the programmes, in the Mareel section:

Departure day:

16:00 Meet the fitness instructors - Mareel Deck 9

Then next day at sea (QV 8 January 2024) I can see 3 classes that seem to qualify along the lines of John's post above (you may need to click the image to get a better view).

image.png.959545fa0534b28c557094b6c2b35ce7.png

In addition there are usually some "public service" exercise events run by the Ents team, such as Chairarobics at 09:30 in the Queens Room, and the dance classes at 10:15 and 12:15 hrs.  Hopefully the weather will also allow some walks on the promenade deck 3 and the more bracing deck 10. On deck 3 it's 10 laps for 3 statute miles, 11 laps for 5 km. Jogging permitted 8am to 8pm on deck 3, no restrictions and frankly easier on deck 10. The gym is open 06:00 to 20:00 hrs on QV, that's free of charge.

Sounds a busy trip for you!

• Like 1

Wow, 8:00 a.m. classes,🙃, or as DH just said, “no early morning coffee for you”.  On the plus side, if I’ve already pre paid, I’ve more incentive to actually attend. Thank you so much for the info.., much appreciated!

• Like 1