EZ Air and Airline Issue

Pudycat

We will be cruising on March 16th of this year to Hawaii. We need to fly to LAX from Iowa on the 15th. We originally had flights back home arriving around 8:30 pm. Through changes that have been made by the airlines we now are arriving home about 11:30 pm. We then have an hour to drive to get home. I see on EZ Air that there is a flight arriving back home at 8:30. I called Princess the other night and after talking to three representatives, was told that this is only what they could offer unless we each wanted to pay $150 to change flights to get the flight I want. It seems like since our original flight was going to get us home at the earlier time, and because the airline changed our flight, they should change our flight at no cost to us. Is my thinking flawed, and do I have any other recourse?  Thanks.

So with a March 16 departure it seems you're past final payment but before the 45 days where your flights can't be changed without paying a penalty. It is also likely you're not fully ticketed in the airline system, i.e. you have a reservation but EZ Air hasn't yet paid the airline. Before you are fully ticketed you have to deal with EZ Air as the airline won't do much for you. My own experience with un-ticketed flight changes is that only if the changes make it impossible to make the ship will EZ Air make changes and protect your price.

It's my own personal M.O. that once I've made final payment and I'm OK with my current flights and don't expect prices to drop, I request early ticketing so I only have to deal with the airlines in case of schedule changes. Dealing with EZ Air in my experience can often be a PITA. Not always but often enough.

It sounds like if you want the earlier return flight there is a fare difference of $150 so this isn't a penalty, just a fare difference. If you're not ticketed you still have to deal with EZ Air and if after three tries, you are still getting the same answer, you may be stuck. Then the decision is if the extra money is worth arriving earlier.

Just a follow up on this: Our friend who is also traveling with us on this cruise, called EZ Air this last Friday and spent TWO HOURS on the phone with them reminding them that it is because of the airline's flight changes a few times that we now are getting back to our "home" airport so late. She told them that we can see that there is an available flight on EZ Air that gets us back home at approximately the time we were originally getting home.  Because the squeeky 

wheel gets the grease, they did eventually change our flights at no further charge to us!!!

• Like 2

I find that, when you book through the cruise line air department, the airlines don't want to hear from you.  You travel are in a totally different category such as bulk ticketing.  You can try and see if you can find someone sympathetic at the airline but it might be easier to get a ride on a unicorn.

I always book travel directly with the airline instead of through Princess. Prices are always cheaper because I follow them until the price is what I want pay and then I book. For the airline I use most frequently (pickings are slim out of the regional airport by our house), if they change the flight time, you can change your flight either 24 hours before or after your original flight at no charge. It’s easy to do online and if I booked through Princess, I don’t believe I’d have that option. Also if I want to upgrade to have more legroom or first class, it’s easy to do. Booking direct gives me more flexibility and control over my reservation (and I get points sine I have a credit card with the airline).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coopco said:

...if they change the flight time, you can change your flight either 24 hours before or after your original flight at no charge. It’s easy to do online and if I booked through Princess, I don’t believe I’d have that option. 

You DEFINITELY would not be able to do that thru EZAir.