New to MSC - Shore Excursion Questions

80sGal

First time MSC'er here, having always cruised Carnival and RCI so decided ot was time to try MSC and NCL in 2024. We are booked for the Fall but there's only one excursion posted (of 4 total ports) and it is a combined experience of an activity at two of the ports.  It seems like a package ... a book both or neither scenario.   Is this the way MSC always runs excursions?  Combining ports with fixed combos? And how soon will others get posted?  I can already see 2025 options on other bookings with Carnival.   Just looking for info!  Thanks! 

What I usually do to get an idea of what excursions are going to be available,   I google something like "msc excursions " and then the port you are going to. And ypu should get a link that showstopper excursions on an msc page

• Thanks 1

But... what I mean is... download the app "MSC for me". Log in with your data.

You will find few available information yet (most of them will be after check-in the cruise)

But you will be able to see available excursions (I do not know if you could book, but at least name, description and prices).

8 hours ago, 80sGal said:

First time MSC'er here, having always cruised Carnival and RCI so decided ot was time to try MSC and NCL in 2024. We are booked for the Fall but there's only one excursion posted (of 4 total ports) and it is a combined experience of an activity at two of the ports.  It seems like a package ... a book both or neither scenario.   Is this the way MSC always runs excursions?  Combining ports with fixed combos? And how soon will others get posted?  I can already see 2025 options on other bookings with Carnival.   Just looking for info!  Thanks! 

There are usually lots of excursions that can be booked individually, with a few offers if you book a combined excursions package. 

If you look on the website destinations page, you'll see more excursions applicable to the ports. 

Sometimes, when you log into your booking the excursions show in the itinerary section but sometimes you need to look in the excursions section. If they're not yet there it is just a case of waiting for the booking to update. 

• Thanks 1

My recollection is that you have to have a MSC account and then log-in to your cruise. Once there, you have to click on each port in your itinerary to see the various excursions offered at each port. Also, as the cruise date draws closer, it's not unusual to find additional excursions added.