Embarkation day lunch on Horizon

doxiegal

8 hours ago, ishap said:

Last time I was on Horizon the dining room was not open, but the specialty restaurants were.  And there is no charge for lunch at these places. 

Wait, what? The specialty restaurants are open for lunch embarkation day without charge?  I assume that's only the specialty restaurants open for lunch other days. Which, according to the Carnival website, is Bonsai Teppanyaki, Bonsai Sushi, and Seafood Shack (which isn't really a restaurant per se, so I'm guessing not free?) So is it just the two Bonsai offerings that are free?

Presumably not the steakhouse? Surprised to see Cuchina del Capitano isn't listed as being open, I thought that was open for free lunch every sea day. Also surprised Pig & Anchor Smokehouse isn't listed as open for lunch. Sounds like a lunch type place.

18 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Wait, what? The specialty restaurants are open for lunch embarkation day without charge?  I assume that's only the specialty restaurants open for lunch other days. Which, according to the Carnival website, is Bonsai Teppanyaki, Bonsai Sushi, and Seafood Shack (which isn't really a restaurant per se, so I'm guessing not free?) So is it just the two Bonsai offerings that are free?

Presumably not the steakhouse? Surprised to see Cuchina del Capitano isn't listed as being open, I thought that was open for free lunch every sea day. Also surprised Pig & Anchor Smokehouse isn't listed as open for lunch. Sounds like a lunch type place.

The pig and anchor is open for lunch without charge as well.  But as staceyglow said, it's the Italian and asian spot that's open.  I don't believe the steak house is and I know the sushi and seafood shack are always a charge.

Steakhouse is not

2 hours ago, ishap said:

The pig and anchor is open for lunch without charge as well.  But as staceyglow said, it's the Italian and asian spot that's open.  I don't believe the steak house is and I know the sushi and seafood shack are always a charge.

Steakhouse is never open for lunch.  Once in awhile on a Journeys cruise they will offer a brunch, and there is a charge for that.

13 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Not Teppenyaki or the sushi place. 

Cucina an Jijis are free at lunch, including embarkation day. 

Carnival's website is wrong then. Which frankly doesn't shock me.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food

When you click "Additional cost", "Carnival Horizon", and "lunch" is says only sushi, Teppanyaki, and Seafood Shack. From what you say two of those are wrong and two others that should be there are missing.