San Pedro luggage drop off?

We've sailed out of San Pedro many times but we have always flown into LAX for a cruise but now we live close enough to drive to the port and park for the week.  Question about luggage, should you drop your luggage off first then park or is the parking lot close enough to the pier that you can just bring it with you and then drop it off?  TIA!

The parking lot is RIGHT THERE.  But, you can easily drop off the bags and circle round and park...Or, you can always pull into the lot, see if you can find a spot real close...and, if you can't, pull up near the opening between the lot and terminal and drop off your spouse and luggage, then go back and park and walk back to the opening and drag your bags from there.  Either way, there's not much to worry about.  We've always found a spot within walking distance...Though, of late, we've just Ubered to the pier and back from home.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

We've sailed out of San Pedro many times but we have always flown into LAX for a cruise but now we live close enough to drive to the port and park for the week.  Question about luggage, should you drop your luggage off first then park or is the parking lot close enough to the pier that you can just bring it with you and then drop it off?  TIA!

It depends on your party's make-up. When my parents cruise with us (or us with them?) I drop everyone off at the terminal and then go park. If it is just the DW and me, I might park first, but it also depsnds on how much luggage we have and how busy it is. For a cruise longer than a week (when my dear DW has four suitcases), I drop her and the luggage off.

• Like 1