Cunard Bid to Upgrade - Results

ChrisMV

Sharing my QM2 “bid to upgrade” results here since I found this forum thread helpful in my decision to submit my own bid a couple of months ago:

• Voyage details: QM2 Transatlantic in May 2024
  • Offered to upgrade from a (Guaranteed) Britannia Balcony (Sheltered) to a Queens Grill Suite (Q5).
  • Offer status: Accepted! (my bid was in the lower half -but close to middle- range between the minimum and maximum options)
  • I put in the bid on 2/28 and got notified yesterday (Apr 3rd) that it was accepted (<50 days before departure)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tzd123 said:

Sharing my QM2 “bid to upgrade” results here since I found this forum thread helpful in my decision to submit my own bid a couple of months ago:

• Offered to upgrade from a (Guaranteed) Britannia Balcony (Sheltered) to a Queens Grill Suite (Q5).
  • Offer status: Accepted! (my bid was in the lower half -but close to middle- range between the minimum and maximum options)
  • I put in the bid on 2/28 and got notified yesterday (Apr 3rd) that it was accepted (<50 days before departure)

Wow! That's a hell of an upgrade! Congratulations! 

I recently had a bid to upgrade accepted from a particular (i.e. not a guarantee class) Britannia balcony to a Q3 on a 9 night cruise on QE. Mind you, these bids that are being requested and given and not cheap. I paid a bit less than if I were to purchase at the current fare, the higher cabin class. The bid I put in was almost at the bottom of their suggested range though.

I notice for the cruise prior to this one I refer to, which I am also sailing on, that the sugggested bids are in the truly ludicrous range. I think this is because there are no cabins available in higher classes and their thinking seems to be that they don't really need any bids but if a cabin should happen to become available and you've met their crazy bid range (something like $15,000 - $20,000 for two for a Q6 from BD grade) then it's a win for them.

I had my bid accepted at least five weeks from sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tzd123 said:

How splendid for you.