A Ma'am review is in our future

Planmaam

Well, the Ma'am are going to cruise together again! This Friday Screenma'am, Planma'am, Medicalma'am and our DHs will be getting on the NCL Prima out of Galveston for a week in the Western Caribbean. DH's cousin, who has cruised with us before, and 3 of her friends will be joining us, too. (Our 4th sister isn't able to join us. In fact the only time all 4 sisters cruised together was our sisters' cruise out of Tampa on the Sun, when we had one of the sought-after corner aft balconies. Oh, what a cruise!! We should have done a review after that one; I would have titled it "want another bottle of wine with that?!!)  But I digress.

We 3 sisters haven't cruised together since our Canada/New England cruise in September of 2015! We are all retired now, excepting Medicalma'am's DH, so you would think it would be easier for us to do so. But with aging parents and transporting grands around, it is actually more difficult to plan.

It's been a while since we wrote a review together so I expect a lot of you don't know us. The two reviews we had previously done are in my signature, and our next review will be a tag-team effort, too. Medicalma'am has cruised more often and has additional reviews that you'll be able to find in her signature. But take this as a warning, a new review will be forthcoming!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Planmaam said:

Well, the Ma'am are going to cruise together again! This Friday Screenma'am, Planma'am, Medicalma'am and our DHs will be getting on the NCL Prima out of Galveston for a week in the Western Caribbean. DH's cousin, who has cruised with us before, and 3 of her friends will be joining us, too. (Our 4th sister isn't able to join us. In fact the only time all 4 sisters cruised together was our sisters' cruise out of Tampa on the Sun, when we had one of the sought-after corner aft balconies. Oh, what a cruise!! We should have done a review after that one; I would have titled it "want another bottle of wine with that?!!)  But I digress.

We 3 sisters haven't cruised together since our Canada/New England cruise in September of 2015! We are all retired now, excepting Medicalma'am's DH, so you would think it would be easier for us to do so. But with aging parents and transporting grands around, it is actually more difficult to plan.

It's been a while since we wrote a review together so I expect a lot of you don't know us. The two reviews we had previously done are in my signature, and our next review will be a tag-team effort, too. Medicalma'am has cruised more often and has additional reviews that you'll be able to find in her signature. But take this as a warning, a new review will be forthcoming!

We're on Prima the week following.  Will be watching for your review. Do you intend to post your review in increments as the cruise goes on?  Particularly interested in the embarkation process.

want another bottle of wine with that?!!

You had me right there!  Looking forward to your “exploits” as @cruiseny4life coined them.😊

We also loved the Prima.  However, with the size of your group, finding seating at times may be more challenging than a couple would have.  From your screen name, I suspect you’ve already planned for this!  Wishing you a fun-filled cruise…and May you burn off any extra calories from non-stop laughter😊

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

We're on Prima the week following.  Will be watching for your review. Do you intend to post your review in increments as the cruise goes on?  Particularly interested in the embarkation process.

We will see what we can do. We got the basic internet package with booking, and don't plan to get more minutes. But we will do the best we can!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

You had me right there!  Looking forward to your “exploits” as @cruiseny4life coined them.😊

We also loved the Prima.  However, with the size of your group, finding seating at times may be more challenging than a couple would have.  From your screen name, I suspect you’ve already planned for this!  Wishing you a fun-filled cruise…and May you burn off any extra calories from non-stop laughter😊

I really don't think we can all intend to eat together all the time. Those of us who are platinum will have more dinners in the specialty restaurants, so.....

My screen name came from that I am a residential Plans Examiner, Residential and Commercial Energy Plans Examiner and Inspector, and also design homes. There have been a lot of building plans in my career. Secondary is the cruise planning, which I have also done.

Just now, Planmaam said:

I really don't think we can all intend to eat together all the time. Those of us who are platinum will have more dinners in the specialty restaurants, so.....

My screen name came from that I am a residential Plans Examiner, Residential and Commercial Energy Plans Examiner and Inspector, and also design homes. There have been a lot of building plans in my career. Secondary is the cruise planning, which I have also done.

Nice credentials!  Once a planner, always a planner. Have an awesome time with your crew!

You have me hooked already and looking forward to reading your past adventures too!  Have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Planmaam said:

We will see what we can do. We got the basic internet package with booking, and don't plan to get more minutes. But we will do the best we can!!!

We understand and will be happy with what you can do.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 4:56 PM, RocketMan275 said:

We will not be live but can come here Saturday and let you know!

Edited by medicalma'am
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2024 at 5:56 PM, RocketMan275 said:

In Galveston you come into town on the bridge and you keep on that street and make a left on 23rd. It dead ends at Harborside. You can drop off luggage and passengers there and they will tell you to look for staff in flowered shirts to take luggage. Then get in line. The doors opened to the terminal opened not before 10:15. The line moved fast. We had Priority boarding. 

I have included pics of Haven/priority and regular waiting areas. We didn’t even sit down but proceeded right on to ship. IMG_9143.thumb.jpeg.450b93d938738b17b5952b4fe976a786.jpegIMG_9144.thumb.jpeg.fe0d379a4d7c1bc03cf0903a0f7d7a8b.jpegIMG_9145.thumb.jpeg.4de51a3ec115ce9d04f054445eac3cbc.jpegIMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.f018c9422478868bd969a595cbf69436.jpegIMG_9148.thumb.jpeg.233be36ad59ccd3d1a1964d2d3962ece.jpeg
IMG_9150.thumb.jpeg.e445351278423339615027fd75329a3c.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, medicalma'am said:

In Galveston you come into town on the bridge and you keep on that street and make a left on 23rd. It dead ends at Harborside. You can drop off luggage and passengers there and they will tell you to look for staff in flowered shirts to take luggage. Then get in line. The doors opened to the terminal opened not before 10:15. The line moved fast. We had Priority boarding. 

I have included pics of Haven/priority and regular waiting areas. We didn’t even sit down but proceeded right on to ship. 

what time did you actually board?

19 minutes ago, medicalma'am said:

According to my next picture it was 10:36 am!  That was when we were walking up the gangplank. 

So they opened the doors at 1015 and you boarded at 1045.  Must be very good at processing people.  We won't be leaving IAH until around 0900+.  

On 1/22/2024 at 4:56 PM, RocketMan275 said:

I have included pics of Haven/priority and regular waiting areas. We didn’t even sit down but proceeded right on to ship. IMG_9143.thumb.jpeg.450b93d938738b17b5952b4fe976a786.jpegIMG_9144.thumb.jpeg.fe0d379a4d7c1bc03cf0903a0f7d7a8b.jpegIMG_9145.thumb.jpeg.4de51a3ec115ce9d04f054445eac3cbc.jpegIMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.f018c9422478868bd969a595cbf69436.jpegIMG_9148.thumb.jpeg.233be36ad59ccd3d1a1964d2d3962ece.jpeg
IMG_9150.thumb.jpeg.e445351278423339615027fd75329a3c.jpeg

So, I am Saphire and I told them that Sapphire has as a NCL benefit Priority Boarding. I told person after person until we were in the Haven lounge and they had boarded so we got on!