Towels on VV Excersions

LongIsCruiser

Hi all. Excited for our first VV cruise this Saturday 1/27 on Valiant Lady. This might be a ridiculous question but I’ve noticed that our excursions list ‘towel’ as one of the items to bring. Should I pack our own towels from home or will we be allowed to bring one from the ship? 

You do not have to bring towels from home.  If there are no beach towels in your stateroom (I've had it both ways), then just do as suggested and grab one from the pool.  Unlike some other lines, you are not required to check out towels.

• Like 1

There are large bins of towels on the pool deck; help yourself to what you need.  Just be sure to bring them back.  On SOME port days, there are towels available just off the ship, but we find it easier to grab them from the pool or hot tub area the day before.  There is no check out or monitoring of the towels; they assume honesty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

There were beach towels as we exited the boat that we grabbed on the way out, and there was a bin for the dirty ones to drop off on the way back, so you didn't need to bring them to your room.

I think that very much depends on the port and the itinerary, I didn’t see it in the Mediterranean and had taken pool towels I was bringing back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LongIsCruiser said:

This is great news - Hubbie thought I was crazy for packing towels so he will be so glad!

Absolutely do not pack towels.  VV towels are large and nice.. The only thing that varies is. whether there is a cart outside the ship as you exit for excursions.  We get them in advance as you can't depend on them at the dock.

• Like 1